• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not start print job

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly got this message, which now persists. I have reinstalled and cleaned everything. I can print from desktop using Photoshop, but not Lightroom. I can print from Lightroom using my laptop, but not my desktop. I have an Epson P800, but this does not seem to be a printer issue. It's between my desktop (Windows 10) and Lightroom Classic.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if your problem is the same as mine. I'm using Windows 10, and there are more than one instance of my printer driver. If I choose the wrong one and then Lightroom indicates that the printer isn't ready. Then I have to switch to the other one which has a (1), and then Lightroom will print. Other times I have to switch to the other one. Haven't taken the time to figure out which one to delete in my Windows configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started getting this message in febuary, talked with tech support the said it was a corrupt catalog created a new one aftyer 10 prints got the same message again. I can print the same file from photoshop with no issue .  after reading  Jims mention about profiles I deleted the ICC profile I was having an issue with and reinstalled it so far it seems to be working. we will see as time goes on, my machine is windows 10 version 1909. thanks for everyones info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had same issue, and appears fixed as seen in another post, by going into printer properties, changing a setting eg to Greyscale. coming out and then going back in and removing Greyscale tick. After this I no longer get the 'could not start print job'

Was probably first time i had tried to print in a while, and maybe first after a pc reinstall late last year. incase others have same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this problem - out of nowhere! How do I delete the ICC profile to try that? I did try changing the preference in printer to grayscale but that didn't work. Thanks for any advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had been using my saved user templates. Did a new setup and everything works - thanks for making me think!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the fix which works/worked for me:

Precondtion: Properly set-up user templates with printer properly set-up in the "Page Setup..." dialog in the lower left corner. I.e. you should be able to simply select the template and the photos and click "Print".

1. Click on the lower right button labeled "Printer...".
  2. Simply click "OK" in the popping-up printer dialog. No changes needed. The (new) print job starts.
  3. From now on, the "Print" button works again.
  4. Don't forget to cancel the hanging print job in the progress bar in the upper left corner of the LR window.

Some background: The error is reliably reproducible only for my plain paper template (Color management: Managed by Printer; Standard settings in the printer driver). Win 10. Epson driver. 

NEW: I have just poked around a bit: After I have changed a printer setting (high → standard quality) via the "Page Setup..." dialogue, and updated the template with the new settings (right click on template, "Update with Current Settings"), the problem seems to be gone for my mentioned plain paper setting. Switching back to the old settings didn't invoke the problem again. So looks like the template file was corrupted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all for sharing your experience. I had the same "could not start print job" on my P900 and Lightroom Classic.

I followed the "Greyscale" suggestion and in Lightroom/Print, Page setup/Properties, changed "Print mode" from Colour to Advanced B&W Photo (a small change from Greyscale).

I then closed down Lightroom, opened it again and reset the Print Mode back to Color.

Printer was then working OK again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines