• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn't find TIFF file in Lightroom Catalog

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've opened a RAW file from Lightroom Catalog in Photoshop to make some edit and after it was saved as TIFF it appeared that Lightroom wasn't responding at the moment. Also I couldn't launch Lightroom again as it was said that Lightroom Catalog was used by some other application. After I've made a reboot it turned out that the new TIFF file that I saved after editing in Photoshop to the same folder doesn't appear in Lightroom as usual. How can I fix that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

When it works as it should-

You select the 'original' photo in the Lr library and [Edit In] -Photoshop.

It is imperative that you save the TIFF from Ps by [Save]  and not [Save As], for it to appear back in the Catalog. (Sort by 'Filename' will place it next to its 'original' source file)

That your Lightroom 'crashed' meant that the new TIF did not appear back in the Catalog.

A 'Locked' catalog can be 'released' by deleting a .LOCK file with the OS. See here- LOCK FILE DELETION - LR-CLASSIC 

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that the the tiff didn't reappear in Lightroom because it was not responding.

it was said that Lightroom Catalog was used by some other application

If this happens again, use the File Explorer/Finder to go the folder that contains the Lightroom Catalog, and delete the file that has a .lock extension.  It will have the same name as the catalog, so it will look something like

Lightroom Catalog.lrcat.lock

The lock file is always present when Lightroom is running, to prevent other users from accessing the catalog.

It is normally deleted when you close Lightroom, but if it crashes or isn't closed down properly (power failure), it may not be deleted, and you'll get that somewhat misleading  error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it works as it should-

You select the 'original' photo in the Lr library and [Edit In] -Photoshop.

It is imperative that you save the TIFF from Ps by [Save]  and not [Save As], for it to appear back in the Catalog. (Sort by 'Filename' will place it next to its 'original' source file)

That your Lightroom 'crashed' meant that the new TIF did not appear back in the Catalog.

A 'Locked' catalog can be 'released' by deleting a .LOCK file with the OS. See here- LOCK FILE DELETION - LR-CLASSIC 

The missing TIF could then be imported to the Catalog- either by the [Import] dialog, or a [Synchronize Folder].

If it says "already imported" then it may just be a 'Sort' or 'Filter' issue hiding it from your view.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks! I somehow just forgot about Synchronize Folder option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines