• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPU usage for Mac

New Here ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use a 2013 Mac Pro Quad Core with Lightroom and Photoshop. I am thinking of upgrading and don't know if I should get an 8 core or 10 core Mac. Does anyone know how many Lightroom would really use. Are both of these options overkill?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 2013 MacPro with 64GB

I decided to wait for the 14" MacBookPro M1 or M2 coming in late 2021

by then LrC and Photoshop will run smootly on the new MacBookPro

ciao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a late 2013 Mac Pro. It had a 6 core CPU when I bought it. Lightroom Classic used all of the 6 cores plus 6 hyper-threading cores when building previews and exporting images, etc.  Last year I swapped out the 6 core for a 10 core CPU (same computer - new cpu). Lightroom Classic uses the 10 cores plus 10  hypert-hreading cores building previews and exporting images. It's also important to keep in mind that LrC is making use of the GPU when editing images in Develop module, and will very likely make even more use of the GPU in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines