Highlighted

CR2 File Coruption

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom for years and am currently on the Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 and the most up to date version of Camera Raw.  I migrated the files from a Mac to a PC and now the files are stating that they are corrupted; However, they can open on the Mac Pro and I can open them with other editing software but not with any of the Adobe suite.  Any help would be appreciated.

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CR2 File Coruption

New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom for years and am currently on the Lightroom Classic 9.2.1 and the most up to date version of Camera Raw.  I migrated the files from a Mac to a PC and now the files are stating that they are corrupted; However, they can open on the Mac Pro and I can open them with other editing software but not with any of the Adobe suite.  Any help would be appreciated.

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can  you share one file via dropbox so others can test it. Can  you  provide more detail as well... a screen shot of the error message. Also can you open one of these images in Photoshop and see it in a Finder window?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrupted files are corrupted files, and can't be used. You need to find the backup copies of them, and restore the backups; or transfer from the Mac to PC again using different transfer hardware.

Other software can open them by using the embedded JPG preview and display that. Often the JPG preview is not corrupted but the RAW image is corrupted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you copy the files from the MAC to the PC?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
cmgap LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still able to open them on your mac they aren't corrupted. What is the file type/extension you are working with.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines