• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cr2 file problem

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased a canon 80d and Lightroom 2 ver. 2.7 will not import or open cr2 files taken with this camera. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your LR version is very old and at the time it was released the 80d was unknown.

You either need to update your Lightroom (subscription) or use the free DNG converter and import the DNG into you old LR version.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the newer Cloud Centric Lightroom or a very old Traditional version of LR?

Even if you are using the newer Cloud Centric LR version it is now up to version 3.x IIRC. So your version is also old for that newer version of LR.

Please state the Exact type of LR you are using. A screen shot of the user interface would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you are using the newer Cloud Centric LR version it is now up to version 3.x IIRC. So your version is also old for that newer version of LR.

But wouldn't be too old for the 80D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks heaps for everyones prompt reply to my problem. I guess I'll just have to get myself a newer version of Lightroom.....I knew that anyways, but I just didn't want to admit it. šŸ™‚  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All you need it the Free Adobe DNG converter program to convert those CR2 files to DNG file that will import into your current version of LR.

Although a newer LR Classic version would be the best thing to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines