• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash: Lightroom Import From Another Catalog

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import from a Working catalog on a USB SSD drive to my Master catalog on my Windows 10 workstation.  Sometimes I get quite a bit in, sometimes nothing but each time it ends with a crash:

Faulting application name: Lightroom.exe, version: 9.2.1.10, time stamp: 0x5e8bf1bd
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x32a6df9a
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006c4d8
Faulting process ID: 0x4fbc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d62feebbd48478
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Lightroom.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report ID: c0aad496-ef17-4db6-9cbf-1bcf1193d716
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Looks like Lightroom and something in Windows (ucrtbase.dll) are having an argument.

I have tried moving Working to a local hard disk and getting rid of the USB drive, no change.

I am stuck with no way forward for now ... any ideas anyone?

I am on Lightroom Classic Release 9.2.1 Build [202004070813-7699d98a]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

I did a bit more work on this since I posted the original question (cry for help?).  Search on ucrtbase.dll didn't yield much so I looked at the files and folders being imported themselves.  First I checked all the images - no problems there.

Then I checked the folders and that is where I found the problem.  I name my folders for the shoot, in my case the intersection of date, photographer, camera and subject. This can lead to long folder names and the folders that seemed to be at the centre of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a bit more work on this since I posted the original question (cry for help?).  Search on ucrtbase.dll didn't yield much so I looked at the files and folders being imported themselves.  First I checked all the images - no problems there.

Then I checked the folders and that is where I found the problem.  I name my folders for the shoot, in my case the intersection of date, photographer, camera and subject. This can lead to long folder names and the folders that seemed to be at the centre of the problem had doozies.  They were clearly longer than any other names in the set of folders being imported.

I am not certain what the current file/folder path length limit is but last I heard it was 260 characters but this was about to be changed or removed (2016) but there was an opt in procedure. Ridiculous to be having to think about this sort of thing in 2020 but there it is.

After a bit of experimentation, I found it was the destination path that was the problem.  I changed the location for the import to reduce the path length and the problem went away.

For the future, I will check the opt-in process for long Windows 10 path names and hopefully make it go away forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines