• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

created a capture frame, but cant unstack?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have in the past created and used still frames from videos... For some reason I cannot seem to get to my still frames... I see that I have made one and it has it stacked on thee same place as the short video... I used the control click to get to where it gives options like "Unstack" etc.. I have tried clicking many options there to get thee photo to stand alone so I can edit it and export it as a still photo, but to no success. Please help and please be as specific as possible. I am not a brilliant computer person, so screen shots and the like are often very helpful.  Thanks so much for any help you can provide. 

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

In Lightroom Classic if you open the video in loupe View (E) it is possible to play/pause the clip and then click the pull-down menu and choose capture frame – see image.

CapFrame.jpg

If you choose the same folder as the video you should be able to use the menu:

Photo >> Stacking >> Unstack

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic if you open the video in loupe View (E) it is possible to play/pause the clip and then click the pull-down menu and choose capture frame – see image.

CapFrame.jpg

If you choose the same folder as the video you should be able to use the menu:

Photo >> Stacking >> Unstack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 99jon,

Thanks for the response. What you specified to do is exactly what I did... but yet, I do not see the still frame photo next to the video.. I just see the video with the number 2 for things there... I keep trying to "Unstack" but still do not see where the photo might go when unstacked..?

I should maybe also mention that I have a MAcbook Pro running MacOs Catalina 10.15.3 if that helps anyone..

Thanks, 

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are seeing #2 that suggests the files are stacked. You can also open a stack by clicking the side bars on the library thumbnail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

"I see that I have made one and it has it stacked on the same place as the short video"

It sounds like you are seeing the stacking badge in the upper-left corner:

Untitled.png

But you can't expand the stack or unstack the video and frame.

If that's the case, you may have Library filters enabled that are filtering out the frame. Do the menu command Library > Enable Filters to turn off Library filters (make sure the menu item is unchecked).  (See the menu for the keyboard shortcut for Enable Filters.)

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines