• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating an iSO Dependent Preset in Lightroom Classic 9.2.1?

Explorer ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not finding any way to create iSO Dependent User Develop settings in Lightroom 9.2.1.

Was this option removed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

LR's method of controlling camera-default settings has changed. The new way to customise initial processing whether varying according to ISO or not, is by saving that in a named develop preset; no longer by setting camera defaults from within the standard LR interface. A given such preset can be associated with a given camera model, as well as of course needing different default processing for Raw and for camera JPG.

Adobe offers links to templates, e.g. in this help article https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

I agree with Richard, however, there is another thread right in this forum, see the link below.

I addition there is information from other users that Adobe over the past few years have made specific changes to their default profiles for individual camera models that have automatic adjustments specific to ISO camera setting.

See this clip from another user.

"Actually you should do some testing to see if you really DO need ISO specific presets as Adobe does have specific camera noise profiles whic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR's method of controlling camera-default settings has changed. The new way to customise initial processing whether varying according to ISO or not, is by saving that in a named develop preset; no longer by setting camera defaults from within the standard LR interface. A given such preset can be associated with a given camera model, as well as of course needing different default processing for Raw and for camera JPG.

Adobe offers links to templates, e.g. in this help article https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-classic/help/raw-defaults.html, for how such a preset can be given ISO-specific behaviour for some adjustments.

Unfortunately that part needs to be carried out using particular syntax within a text editor - not quite 'rocket science', but perhaps not very 'accessible' for some users. The remainder of what this preset does, can be achieved normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Richard, however, there is another thread right in this forum, see the link below.

I addition there is information from other users that Adobe over the past few years have made specific changes to their default profiles for individual camera models that have automatic adjustments specific to ISO camera setting.

See this clip from another user.

"Actually you should do some testing to see if you really DO need ISO specific presets as Adobe does have specific camera noise profiles which under the hood make ISO specific adjustments for you based on the capture of the image itself. You can still futz around with a text editor but perhaps there’s no need. Best to test this new workflow out with your own images"

My experience with my Camera model, I only own one at the moment, is that the rendition at the ISO settings I normally use are pretty good.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-set-defaults-for-raw-file-import/... 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines