• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating enhanced gets stuck

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am doing Photo->enhance. LR seems to create the enhanced dng ok but the progress bar on top left corner get stuck - see picture. What could be the problem? I am using LR Classic v 10.3.

Steeldrake_0-1624909205688.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long does the progress bar get stuck? I'm using a very old outdated HP Pavilion desktop computer with just 8 GB of RAM. It takes about 5 min. for it to complete creating an enhanced DNG image. Yes, it seems as though the progress bar gets stuck. Could this be the situation in your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems it gets stuck indefinetely. Hours.. no cpu, gpu or disk activity. And i have a fresh, really high end machine..

But the end result is created so it seems to work but gets stuck somewhere closer to end of the operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might, as an experiment, try disabling the graphics processor in the Lightroom preferences and see if that makes a difference. I don't have a graphics card in my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this - makes no difference. Enhance gets stuck permanently at about 80%

Screenshot 2021-07-02 at 10.06.26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - works ok on B&W but not colour. (Stuck for three hours +?) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 Operations? What is the other one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to enhance two pics (which should be able to do no problem - plus plenty of RAM) But same story on just one pic. Went out - 5 hours later still stuck. B&W works ok though ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing happens to me. I'm on a 2017 MBP with 16g, ram, running Big Sur. I have the latest version of light room classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too - 40g Ram running latest version of Big Sur and Lightroom...Won't even load the preview, just spins....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I know literally nothing about the Mac. I'm just using an old HP Pavilion PC. Have no suggestions for you. Sorry. But if we keep bumping this discussion to the top, maybe someone will have a good suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't expecting you to solve it Jim - just tying To flag up what seems to be a common glitch! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also noticed that if I am enhancing a photo from within a collection that it doesn't add the new photo to it.  I have to select the All Photos group to even see the new one afterwards.  This is after shutting the preview window that never seemed to indicate the process having gone past about 80% much less finishing.  Makes the creation / comparison sequence cumbersome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would have to be a Smart Collection for that to theoretically work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also know that this photo showing the program in the process of getting ready to do one picture is a bit different looking than the 10 second estimate on a few of the sample pics they provide for the "near instant" enhanced/enlarge.

At This Rate.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone with this issue.

I recommend that you post the  issue  over at the official feedback site.

Actually, as a member has already posted such, I recommend you add to the existing discussion

The OP of that posting has not stated much, I do not even know the members OS

But adding on to a discussion at the feedback site gets Adobe Tech attention

Also, Adobe Techs monitor that site.

Existing link is:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/locking-up-during-creating-enhanced-d...

Recommend that you include your system info as LrC reports it. The most useful is probably that info from first line down to and including plug-ins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same with a photo that was synced via cloud storage. Tried another one, that was just on my HD - that worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lars - interesting will check that out 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are we referring to Raw image files or tiff, jpg or mixed?

On my system I tried two raw files with just basic edits the process took 25 seconds for each file.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines