• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Folders in LR Classic

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two users with separate catalogues in LR Classic for 2 users. I have created a new "2021" for myself, but how do I create the same for the other user.  If I go to my finder and look under pictures I can see 2021 but if I use this fodler will it mix all of our pictures up on the hard drive please.  I attach screen shots of the hard drives as they stand

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folders are created automatically upon import if you use 'copy' import.

You can also create folders manually from the folder panel in the library module. Only folders that are created by one of these ways are shown in LRs library - The folder panel is not like finder that shows you all folders on the drive, it shows you only the folders LR has learned.

This is seperate per catalog if you use multiple catalogs.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/create-folders.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Just to be clear as this is something Ive not done before I attach the Finder showing the folders on the drive.  The question still is "is it ok to use this folder on the hard drive or will it mix things up".  I understand the LR catalogue and the folders it crates automatically.  I just dont want mine and my husbands images to end up mixed up if that makes sense please 

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 15.43.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you Manually Create Folders on your drive and then Manually Copy images into those folders using the File Manager for ther OS running on your computer, Finder, then in the LrC Import dialog window you use the ADD option at the top of the impoirt window to ADD the images to the LrC Catalog file and Leave them Where you placed them on your drive.

If the folder those images are in is New, Not Already in the LrC Catalog file and shown in the Folders section of the left hand side panel of the Library module when you import the images from that folder, Even using the Add option, that folder will be added to the Folders section in the Library module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images end up in the folder where you copy them manually using finder or where you tell LR to put them during copy-import.

LR then only shows you the photos you "import". Even if all the photos were put into the same folder only the ones imported to a particular catalog are shown. LR will not mix things up.

However, to be able to use "folder synchronisation" I suggest to use seperate folders by person/catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to folder My Photos/2021, you could create another folder Husband Photos/2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I just wasnt sure what would happen. Im new to all this stuff!

--
Sandra & Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines