Creative Cloud with two users

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I have separate user ids on our 2011 Mac which is being replaced and separate LR photo libraries and catalogs.  We'll have to use a new 64 bit LR on the new Mac. My understanding is that as long as we continue to mainstain separate photo libraries (and catalogs) we can use LR Classic just as before. Does the same apply to the Photoshop part?  If we use the new LR with cloud storage can we still maintain this separation? I don't want to pay for two subscriptions.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC doesn't use catalogs or photo libraries so not sure what you're asking.

Technically, an individual Creative Cloud plan is for one user and one user only.   There is no such thing as a "family" plan.

The basic Photography Plan is very affordable at $10/month and includes the latest versions of these products & services:
-- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
-- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
-- Lightroom Classic
-- Portfolio website + hosting
-- Spark with premium features
-- Bridge
-- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

[Moved from Using the Community (forums) to Lightroom Classic.]

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to figure out what to do and how this all works. So let me try a different approach.

Let's say I install the Photography (20GB) product for $9.99 per month.  I open up Lightroom Classic in my Mac user account.  I have my folders of images and my catalog of them--does it still work that way?.  I edit my heart out and save my photos to my folder on the Mac (or an outboard drive). Later my wife signs on to her own Mac user id. and opens up Lightroom Classic to work on her own images.  (That's what we do with the old LR6.). Will we still be able to do this with only one subscription?

I don't have a need to edit photos on another device.  I don't really need cloud backup--I'm using the Mac's build in Time Machine which has been proven to work.  So maybe I can ignore the cloud feature.

What's your recommendation?  I'd really rather not be replacing my $145 LR6 with a ($9.99 /month) x (12 months / year) x 2 users = $239.76 per year for two users.  I should add that we really like using Lightroom.  It's a fabulous product.

Steve

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your case you need to have two separate licenses, and you always did. The way you have been operating is not in compliance with the license terms.

Family/household was discussed a while ago, and IIRC the takeaway was that while casual family use is not strictly as per the license, it won't bring you men in black suits at your door (metaphorically speaking). The key word is casual. With two very active users, you need to have separate licenses.

The subscription is tied to your Adobe login - a user ID (email) and password. That user can then be signed in to two devices at the same time, but that's based on hardware configuration, not machine user accounts. Your Apple account is irrelevant here.

While the mechanics of a subscription-based license is different from a "perpetual" license, the legalities are the same and the license terms are the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legally what you are doing is against the Terms Of Use. That is all I have to add.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines