• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop & Straighten tool not working with Radeon RX 5700

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use the crop tool the editing area goes gray and I can't see any of the changes I'm making. I recently upgraded to a 3rd gen Ryzen CPU and an RX 5700 though I've had this issue with my previous GPU, a GTX 970. With the Nvidia card I was able to turn off GPU acceleration in the preferences and it fixed the issue. Now with the RX 5700 GPU acceleration is set to off and is grayed out. I'm running the most recent drivers from AMD (19.10.2) installed as a clean install. The issue persisted at stock settings and with an overclock applied. I've attached the system info log saved from inside Lightroom Classic. Anyone else seeing similar issues?

Edit: Added a few photos to show the issue

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom may not like running on overclocked rigs. Try running at base.At least one member had an issue on an overclocked rig. 

No proof, no links. If true, have no idea if it is a CPU make/model issue, or GPU make/model issue, or the CPU on the GPU, or a BIOS firmware issue.

Or if that statement is malarkey.

PLEASE USE THE REPLY FROM THE TOP POST WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS.
Helps to show posts in date/time order, improves visibility (as not hidden in a reply to a reply), and is easier to use

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see that overclocking can cause issues sometimes, so I did a clean install of the GPU drivers and returned to base settings for CPU and GPU. Still had the issue. I'll take some snips of my issue and post in a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actualy, contact Adobe in the morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As  a wild  hunch or what if. Bring up your device manager and make sure that old NVIDIA card is no longer listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good thought. Checked device manager and it isn't in there though. I was hoping it was still there, that probably would have been a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines