• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop lock keeps locking on its own

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When cropping in Lightroom 10, I want to do free-form cropping so I click on the lock to unlock it.  While I'm dragging the crop tool, it goes back and locks itself.  I can click on the lock again to free-crop but it's a hassle and clearly a bug.  Anyone else experience this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start the crop tool, immediately switch off the lock (which sets the default for next time), then crop the image.

Now start crop again with a different image and you'll find that the lock is disabled by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce what you describe. 

In your post what you describe sounds like you are cropping One image. You start the Crop Tool, Click the Crop Lock icon to Unlock it and when you Click on the image and start to Drag the crop the Lock Re-enables all by itself. Is that what is happening on your system?

If it is I suggest you Reset the LrC preference and if you have the GPU option enabled disable that too. Then Restart your computer and open LrC and Test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Others have reported flakiness with the lock icon:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-v10-padlock-symbol-...

Please add details of your issue to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines