• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop Overlay 1x1 Option Within Other Aspect Ratio

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really hoping that the recent "Centered Crop Overlay" would cover this but sadly it does not.

Reason for request: Sometimes, like many photographers I presume, I like to post "Portrait" (4x5) images to Instagram. However, for your "Posts" page, all previews are of course Square.

Request: I'd like to have the ability to select an Aspect Ratio for Cropping (4x5 in this case) and then select a Crop Overlay that "Previews" the square center of the image. This "Crop Overlay Inner Square" would preview what Instagram would show as the preview to the post, but the image is actually being cropped to 4x5. The Current "Aspect Ratios" almost does this, but for me it only shows 2x3 and 5x7 alongside your master crop. I'd love a new one created that only showed 1x1 inside the master crop for visiualiation sake.

I've created a rough mockup (it isn't perfect, I worked very quickly on this and did not make sure everything lined up). The 4x5 is the actual crop, the blue 1x1 is the overlay showing you the square center of the image.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 12.55.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to mimic this functionality as is? If not, can it please be added? Seems it would be trivial to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum primarily User to User rather than communicating with Adobe.  Feature requests are more likely to be picked by Adobe if submitted at https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines