• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.CS3 Photo Images From Canon NOT importable or viewable... :/

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something or does lightroom & photoshop not do .cs3 files??? And acdsee does yet adobe doesn't? Purchased one of the new canon mirrorless cameras and can't upload the files. Sure... I could use Canon's software... or maybe some other competitor - that's not the point. My workflow is Lightroom & Photoshop. They are my go-to... HELLO ADOBE!!!! LOL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

The reason Lightroom Classic 9.3 cannot support that camera model is because it hadn't been released when that version of Lightroom was released, therefore Adobe couldn't provide support for it. That camera model IS supported in the beta version of the DNG converter that is currently available for download. So it most surely will be supported in the next release of Lightroom. So right now your choice would be to download and use the DNG converter beta version if you can't wait to work on your ra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

FINALLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Adobe just released support for .CR3 files   woohoooooo 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to CR3 files? If so, yes, Lightroom and Camera Raw support that format. But they both need to be updated to have support added for each individual camera model. Those updates are released approximately each quarter. We like specific information when posting on the forum. "One of the new Canon mirrorless cameras" isn't very specific. A model number would really help. While waiting for the next release, there is a beta version of the DNG converter available that you could use to create DNG copies as a stopgap alternative IF your camera model happens to be among those new models that are supported in that beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I just purchased the Canon R5 and culled my images in Photo Mechanic. When I went to import into Lightroom (latest version), it said the files were damanged or unsupported. I am currently converting them to DNG files but this is a pain! I wonder why Lightroom cannot preview these files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason Lightroom Classic 9.3 cannot support that camera model is because it hadn't been released when that version of Lightroom was released, therefore Adobe couldn't provide support for it. That camera model IS supported in the beta version of the DNG converter that is currently available for download. So it most surely will be supported in the next release of Lightroom. So right now your choice would be to download and use the DNG converter beta version if you can't wait to work on your raw files, or use the Canon software as a stopgap alternative until Lightroom is updated.

We go through this complaint process every quarter when new cameras are purchased right before a Lightroom update has yet to be released. And everyone wants to blame Adobe. If you want to do that, go ahead. But it isn't going to speed things up, and it won't change the process. This isn't unique to Canon users, Fuji, Nikon, Sony, and many other camera users have gone to the same complaint process in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CONGRATS on your new camera! Same here. I LOVE IT! Only 2 models were released. The R5 & R6. Neither are probably supported but I 'heard' but not confirmed that ACDSEE already supports it so if that is the case then I would imagine Adobe should have already done so too but maybe that's being too presumptuous before I confirm ACDSEE does indeed. I just don't want to pay for yet another item to be on my system. @davidg36166309 I hear ya - All software is updated to latest - just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something or some workaround within besides the DNG situation. I think all of us photographers/videographers/cinematographers or whatever should reach out to these camera makers and make it known that they need to work with companies like Adobe to make sure the process is seamless where you get your new gear and you can immediately edit. The first thing we all do with new toys is want to play with it and add it to all our other favorite toys. I'll check out that DNG converter until the update I guess. 🙄😑

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE 101

ADOBE CAMERA RAW

CAMERAS SUPPORTED:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FINALLLYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Adobe just released support for .CR3 files   woohoooooo 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines