• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sync settings, Auto WB keyboard shortcuts keep changing to export images

Contributor ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For many versions of  Lightroom, the sync settings keyboard shortcut (ctrl-shift-S) will randomly change exporting images. This first started many versions ago and is still happening in Version 8.3. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Trashing preferences temporarily fixes the issue, but of course, I then have to spend hours/days rebuilding all of my preferences since Adobe still doesn't have a preferences backup. 

Adobe Support has tried to fix this on numerous occasions but has yet to solve it. 

Corporate photographer based in Calgary, Canada and Oviedo, Spain. Making portraits, architectural, industrial and advertising photography for national and global brands.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
74 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I can now confirm that resetting the settings had no effect. Ctrl+Shift+S keeps changing function mid-session (now it changes Process Version to Version 1, for some reason). Also, I work on a Dell XPS 9380, so running on Intel Integrated Graphics (UHD 620).

Hoping for someone to look into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic v 9.2.1

In the Develop module, Ctrl+U is supposed to set Auto Exposure. Sometimes it does. Sometimes it turns on a filter for Flagged images. Sometimes it Exports the image to god-knows-where (I find files in previous export locations).

In the Library Module, Ctrl+U is not assigned (best I can tell). It USED TO set Auto Exposure, which is handy when culling new images. Now it Exports to (as above) god-knows-where.

Best I can tell, keyboard shortcuts are not customizeable so I don't think I've reset anything. (If they ARE customizeable, I'd sure like to know how).

This erratic behavior is recent, the last month or so, but I can't pin it to any particular software update. Anyone have similar experience or a fix?

Thanks.

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Windows LR, Ctrl + U invokes Auto in both Library and Develop. 

Try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/. LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thank you. This sounds like solid advice. I'm not sure when I'll get up the gumption to reset preferences. When I do, if this thread is still open, I'll certainly let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article I linked to explains how to save away a copy of your current preferences in case it doesn't help.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue as Gabriele - if there is a solution please share 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Win 10 Pro. LrC 9.3. Ctrl + Shift + S runs "Export with previous" action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to report that this is still a bug in LrC 10.0. In my case,  Ctrl + Shift + U (Auto white balance) and CTRL + U (Autotone) key combinations will change mid-session to export the selected image.  In the process overwriting the current export directory, custom file naming and other settings.

Restarting LrC resolves the issue temporarily, it seems random, if I even knew what triggered it would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in other reports, and spanning back at least 3 versions.  The shortcut keys for Auto White Balance  (and other keyboard shortcuts) randomly change mid session to a completely different function e.g. "wipe all my export settings and then try to export the images to a randomly named directory"   The same generic problem type is reported with other key combinations. 

The inability, over successive releases, to solve what seems a basic issue is very worrying.  My Black Friday offer to Adobe is that if they can fix this, I won't tell everyone reading this that the problem is even worse in the new version 10...ooops.  I'm actually pretty certain they don't know how to fix this.

It's frustrating that with the range of complex corrections available the simple task of keeping track of what key the user has pressed eludes Adobe !?       

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that the issue dates back 7+ years is also sad.  I wish Adobe would have one year where they said to all there team “Right, no new features this year, make everything work properly and ideally faster.” 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have exactly the same problem and it is becoming quite annoying. I'm running LR Classic (v. 10.11) on Windows 10, and whenever I reopen the program it works as expected, but after a few minutes (I can't figure it out any triggering) the shortcut ctrl + u starts to export images. I have to quit and reopen to make things right again, which is a pain, of course, and not very productive. I have a lot of custom preferences, I guess I can save them before restoring the default ones, but I'd like to know whether this really works. Any experience would be greatly appreciated, I doubt Dave and me are the only ones suffering this annoying bug.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bumping this to let the record show, this is still an issue as of mid-march 2021. Today Ctrl+Shft+S decided to become a toggle for the "1 star or lower" library filter.

Latest available version on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening to me.  My workaround is to reboot Lightroom.  I'm on Windows 10.  This bug is slightly worse than the last version of LR because in the last CC version, it would take an hour or two or three for it to crop up.  Now it takes about 30 minutes and the Shift Ctrl S just stops working altogether, or it exports.

I'm wondering if it's a conflict between LR and Logitech.  I use Logitech to create special moves for my mouse such as the thumb buttons can be used to advance forward, backward, or drop all selected photos.  Those are all keyboard shortcuts that seem to work reliably via the mouse.  And since the Logitech software is connected to the keyboard, I'm wondering if LR and Logitech are both looking for keyboard shortcuts (even though I don't have any keyboard shortcuts set up.  I doubt this is the case since this problem pre-dates my use of Logitech products and it's been an ongoing bug for years.  But who knows.  Just an idea since Adobe obviously can't seem to tackle this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've never successfully reproduced this issue to date.  The Logitech conflict is a good thought. There are Lightroom Classic issues with one of the Logitech plugins so it would not be without precedence.  To troubleshoot, you would need to temporarily uninstall your Logitech software, restart your computer and see if the problem goes away. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Same problem here. I know the starting post is pretty old, but I'd like if anyone has found a way to solve it (including the proposed resetting). Thanks, I use Crtl + U a lot and this fail is driving me mad (it works properly again if you quit and reopen LC, but it doesn't last long in the right way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I would ask that you post your own discussion. As you noticed, this one is a year old.

But another posting causes me to make a quick inquiry.

What plug-ins do you have? Click on Help, click on System Info, click on Copy, paste into reply, delete all except plug-in section, Post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem all of a sudden on LR Classic 11.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when in the Display module I press Ctrl-U (Auto Settings) and, apparently at random, it triggers the Export dialogue instead. This will sometimes happen for one image consistently but not the ones either side of it, sometimes for all of them. It seems not to happen in the Develop module. Sometimes switching modules and back again stops the issue happening.

Windows 10

Lightroom Classic 11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a few reports about similar symptoms in the past:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-ctrl-h-switches-functions-after-a-few-dozen-... 

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-inbuilt-ke... 

Since no one has been able to reproduce it reliably, Adobe hasn't tried to track it down.

Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah these intermittent and hard-to-reproduce problems are a real pain to diagnose. Thank you, I'll give resetting preferences a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue with a shortcut and simply closing and restarting LrC fixed it. Try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.
for no reason, ctrl+shift+S (sync) is working for ctrl+shift+e (export with previews).

it happens for no reason in the middle of a edditing session, it get fix restarting lightroom, but, use to apear randomly again.

when it export, (using ctrl+shift+S) sometimes it used the las preset, but, sometimes it choose any random expot preset for exporting the files.

today i had this issue:  ctrl+shift+S opened another lightroom catalog 😕

pd: it doesn have to be with language because it happens on english, spanish, latin spanish.

windows 10 pro

languaje windows: español latinoamerica

lightroom language: english

lightroom 11 last version updated week ago, problem came for more tan month, i just decide to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a few reports about this over the last few years but Adobe hasn't been able to reproduce it reliably, so they'll be unlikely to put much effort into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate