• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current Date in file naming template

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know hot to create file naming templates in lightroom.   I want to use a template in the External Editor preferences to create a file name such as OriginalFileName-EDITED-YYMMDD but where the YYMMDD is the current date.  The capture date is part of my original file name when I imported the file into lightroom.   If I take the picture into Photoshop and edit it and save it back to Lightroom I want the new TIFF or PSD file to show the date it was edited not the date it was captured.  Is there a way to do this ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is. The date options are all based on the capture date.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way is to edit the file time to be todays time and date and have it write back to the file, then rename it. This is absolutely a workaround and based on my experience of doing something similar, I don't recommend it. Another option is when you're in Photoshop, create a new empty file, copy the edited file contents into this and save it. It will save as created today. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge lets you do this with the Batch Rename feature but you would then need toi relink your images in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines