• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor has dead spots

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem came up after the latest update.  As I move my cursor across an image while in the develop Module, the cursor (or action) will not work.  As I move the curso left to right or right to left across the image, the cursor changes from the zoom icon to the arrow icon and vica versa.  The action I am trying to perform only works where the cursor icon is a "+" icon.  If I try to crop an image one corner will react to the crop action but the others will not.  This is a new issue and makes editing impossible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

I had this issue a few time a long time ago (version 5 or 6) and it was also reported by others.  It seemed like there was a "phantom" dialog box behind Lightroom because if I moved the cursor slowly where it changes from a + to arrow it would change to a double arrow and I could resize the dead spot.   A restart of Lr always fixed it.  Fortunately, I have not has this issue for a long time so I assumed it was fixed.  What are your EXACT OS an Lightroom versions and are you running switching bet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

If Lightroom doesn't start correctly the please see "Solution 2" in the document behind the second link.

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  The Graphics Processor was already off.  In checking it I found that the cursor behaves in the same manner when I was in the preferences screen. When I moved the cursor to the right to click on the Performance tab the cursor was inactive.  When I moved left it was active after I passed a point on the screen.  This is not happening in other programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue a few time a long time ago (version 5 or 6) and it was also reported by others.  It seemed like there was a "phantom" dialog box behind Lightroom because if I moved the cursor slowly where it changes from a + to arrow it would change to a double arrow and I could resize the dead spot.   A restart of Lr always fixed it.  Fortunately, I have not has this issue for a long time so I assumed it was fixed.  What are your EXACT OS an Lightroom versions and are you running switching between other programs when this happens.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bob.  a "phantom Box" is a perfect description.  I rebooted LR and it fixed the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines