• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor Jumps after update to Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 on Windows 7

Engaged ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest CC release 8.3.1 on a Windows 7 computer. The last release of LR appears to be extremely sensitive while editing. The curser wants to jump around When cropping or trying to rotate it is as if the mouse is losing its focus and the image jumps out of the crop overlay. Trying to adjust any of the sliders the adjustment want to reset to 0 for no apparent reason. Everything seems skittish and jumpy. Am I missing something? Editing is not smooth.

Has anybody else experienced this behavior. I have been using LR for 10 years and this is not normal.

What can I do to fix this. it is taking 2 to 3 times as long to edit anything. Is there anything I can do to fix this behavior?

Jim

{Thread renamed by moderator}

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

I would simply suggest getting/trying a new mouse. I've had similar problems, but not only in Lightroom but in general. Having a new mouse solved the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

That's not a typical Lightroom experience and it shouldn't be happening. Let's make this right.

Could you please let us know do you have a Wacom connected to the computer?

Does it happen with any other application?

Have you tried turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

You may also try resetting the preferences of Lightroom if the above suggestion does not help: How to set Lightroom Classic preferences

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my reply to ricky336. It was my mouse.

Please thank your entire team. I love LR support. You are always there and very responsive. I think is has been 10 years of using Lightroom (from the very beginning) and you never fail to answer both no brainer questions and serious issues. I never get the feeling that any question is a stupid one.

Thank you again,

Jim Palik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the case on my Win 7 system. You have a mouse or other hardware problem. Could be some other software that is causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What make/ model of mouse?

Any mouse plug-in involved?

Does it behave better if some other external device connected to the USB bus is disconnected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would simply suggest getting/trying a new mouse. I've had similar problems, but not only in Lightroom but in general. Having a new mouse solved the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Thank you for all of your suggestions. It was my mouse. I recently bought an new Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse. The magic to this keyboard was it drove both the keyboard and mouse off one transmitter. The keyboard works fine but the mouse displayed the problems identified in my post. As soon as I put a second transmitter in another USB port for a different mouse, all my problems went away.

If it had not been for all of your suggestions I would not have thought this was the problem, because the mouse movement worked perfectly. Just trying to use drag and drop, left click, right click, resizing etc... were all very skittish and frequently lost focus. Very frustrating.

It is now all fixed, thank you very much. 🙂

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I run a Logitech solar keyboard and Anywhere 2 off one USB receiver without this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines