• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom camera profiles have stopped appearing in LR4.3/ACR 7.3

Enthusiast ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really odd... I've been using custom profiles that I created using a ColourChecker Passport for sometime now. I just updated LR and ACR to the latest versions, and I've noticed that they are no longer selectable under the Camera Calibration tab - I just get the standard list of profiles for my camera (Nikon D7000).

I checked in the the relevant folder for LR and they weren't there, but they are in the ACR folder. I copied them across to the LR folder as well, but this has had no effect. In both cases, they're in the root-level folder for all profiles, so in LR's case, they're in C:Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3/resources/CameraProfiles. This is where both the CCP and Adobe DNG Profile Editor have previoulsy placed them by default - I've never needed to place them in the actual camera model folder itself. Both applications have always found them there without issue.

Anyone else had this problem since upgrading, or have a solution?

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

The location mentioned is for Adobe-supplied camera profiles. Non-Adobe profiles should go into a folder under your user profile:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData \Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

AppData is a hidden folder so you may need to just type it into Explorer’s address bar when you get to that point in the location address.

If the profiles still don’t show up, then install the DNG Converter 7.3 which should re-install all the Adobe profiles and maybe it also rebuilds the indexes LR an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happened to me the additional profiles for my Olympus E510 which I got from PSKiss no longer show up in the Camera Calibration list.

The profiles are still located in the folder where PSKiss instructions indicate they be copied to., C: Programdata>Adobe>CameraRaw>CameraProfiles. Win 7 64bit.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well DdeGannes, I'm (kind of!) pleased that it's not just me then.   Thanks for confirming.

I've tried re-copying them into the folder, and also creating a new folder within CameraProfiles to contain all my custom profiles (bit of a long-shot admittedly), and no change. I've been browsing through a few images, and I've found a select few that ARE seeing ONE of my custom profiles... If anything that's even odder - why one and not all? At a complete loss here.

Starting to wonder if this might be some strange bug with the latest release.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not just Lightroom since ACR 7.3 in PS CS6 is not seeing them either.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent a message to, PSKiss, maybe they can find out some info if their sales are being affected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, let me know if they have anything to say.

Anyone else had this issue? I've never had any problems like this before with previous upgrades of ACR or LR; my custom profiles have just followed me to the next version without a hitch.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The location mentioned is for Adobe-supplied camera profiles. Non-Adobe profiles should go into a folder under your user profile:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData \Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

AppData is a hidden folder so you may need to just type it into Explorer’s address bar when you get to that point in the location address.

If the profiles still don’t show up, then install the DNG Converter 7.3 which should re-install all the Adobe profiles and maybe it also rebuilds the indexes LR and ACR keep track of the profiles with. I have deleted the older versions of these indexes and re-run LR and my custom profiles are still visible and the index.dat files aren’t rebuilt so I’m not sure where the indexes are kept in LR 4.3/ACR 7.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ssprenget, Thanks that worked fine. However its been working fine for the past year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a bug, it's just that the 4.3 installer removed all the 4.2 Program folder files. That is why it is safer to keep custom profiles in AppData which is not changed by updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, lesson learned. Puzzled as to why this hasn't happened before with previous updates, but I've moved my profiles over to roaming, so I shouldn't have this problem again come 4.4.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either Adobe is no longer looking for its profiles in the folders that had the custom profiles—maybe profiles are in different locations, now, or it is now ignoring profiles that are not Adobe-created. Things like the DNG Profile Editor and the Lens Profile Downloader have always put profiles in the Users subfolders, so if they were working when mixed in with Adobe profiles then you were just getting lucky, and the PSKiss instructions need to be updated if they haven’t been, already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would the location be for OSX?

There's no "AppData" folder.

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/CameraProfiles

does not work. Neither does

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/CameraProfiles/Camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK- I am being a total dummy and need some help, please. I have put the KM7D and Sony A700 camera profiles in the above mentioned places

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.3\Resources\CameraProfiles\Camera

AND am still not seeing them in either PSE11 or in LR4.3

I also installed CR 7.3 and DNG 4.3 per the Adobe forum.

So, I guess either it is not working or I am looking in the wrong place in PSE11 and LR to find them.

I assume in LR I should be in Develop and I look on the right side under Camera Calibration and try to pick it there somehow. If not- where? Where would I find this in PSE11?

I also tried a little experiment. I have my profiles in

C:\Users\SRose\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Sony DSLR-A700

and I renamed "Faithful" to Faithfula700" and then opened Lightroom and went to Camera Calibration and only Faithful was there- no Faithfula700. So, either LR truncates the file name or there is some internal name in the dcp files that LR uses or these profiles are not being recognized.

Sorry to be such a noob- everything else I know how to find and LR help was none at all.

Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ssprengel saves the day! Worked for me too. Really strange, they've been working just fine in the old location up to this point.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Many thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the message that I just posted a few minutes ago, just before you posted this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?  I posted my message three days before you posted yours!  🙂

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mollysnoot wrote:

?  I posted my message three days before you posted yours! 

M

Oooops! Sorry for the mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but that's Windows. Which appears to have a completely different folder setup. Hence my question about OSX, since the "usual suspect" lovation doesn't work.

I'll try creating the new folder when I get home and see whether that works.

Edit: oh. I see you weren't replying to me 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have the same problems with Lightroom 4.3 in MacOs Lion, with my custom CameraProfiles. They don`t work in all the libery/ApplicationSupport/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/    Folders.

Where is the right place for them?

Please help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, on OSX, the proper location is the same path, only in your user folder, not the global one.

/Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

I'd guess, for "camera" profiles (I use an untwisted variant of the Canon "Camera Neutral", you'll need to create a "Camera" folder there)

I cannot fathom why this restriction might seem a good idea to the people at Adobe.

Haven't tried it yet, because I have some work that needs to get done first, before I have the time to muck around with a not well documented Adobe "feature"…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone had any luck with having the custom camera profiles working again after the 4.3 update on Mac?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Check my post just above yours.

On OSX, the profiles need to be in the "user" folder, not the "global" one:

/Macintosh HD/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rene -

I placed my custom camera profiles (.dcp files) in there, but I still cannot see them in Lr 4.3. The only ones I see are:

Process: 2012 (Current)

ACR 4.4

ACR 3.7

Adobe Standard

Camera D2X Mode 1

Camera D2X Mode 2

Camera D2X Mode 3

Camera Landscape

Camera Neutral

Camera Portrait

Camera Standard

Camera Vivid

I have ACR 7.3 on my machine with Adobe Ph CS6. Same thing in ACR 7.3, I see only the above mentioned profiles.

Need to mention that I work with Nikon D40 raw files if it helps.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try and reboot your system after you placed your "custom camera profiles" in the folder mentioned in post #22?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines