• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom order of photos in folders has been corrupted

Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just noticed that my folders -- all of which I arrange into Custom Order -- no longer have their photos in the custom orders that I left them in. They are not totally scrambled, but maybe 10% to 20% of the photos are in the wrong places. I think this affects all of my folders (20 years worth of images). I am not sure when this happened – presumably during a recent update. Collections on the other hand seem to still have their photos in the correct order.

Have other people noticed this? 

This is on Mac.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

There's a long-standing bug where LR will start losing the custom order of collections or folders where you've made a large number of changes to the custom order. The bug strikes after you've made a certain number of changes to a collection or folder, and other collections or folders aren't affected.  Please review the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-major-bug-with-custom-sort-order

Please add your constructive opinion and details of your issue to t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about folders or photos? Folders cannot be in a custom order. They are always in alphabetical order.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not talking about Folders. Folder in LrC are always displayed in Alphabetical order.

So what are you asking about? It is not the custom order of FOLDERS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about the order of the photos in the folders, not the order of the folders, which of course is alphabetical.

I have just edited my original post to make this more clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

You would be better off using a Numbered File Name structure by adding something like 01, 02 and so on, to the front of the file name to keep them ion the order you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleated, my bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a long-standing bug where LR will start losing the custom order of collections or folders where you've made a large number of changes to the custom order. The bug strikes after you've made a certain number of changes to a collection or folder, and other collections or folders aren't affected.  Please review the bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-major-bug-with-custom-sort-order

Please add your constructive opinion and details of your issue to the bug report, and be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. (Safari users, uncheck the option Safari > Preferences > Privacy > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking or use Chrome or Firefox.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got exactly the same issue, any signs of a resolution? Ive got 15 years of work that is now completely messed up in the folders thay are filed in. Its a shocker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I've got exactly the same issue, any signs of a resolution? Ive got 15 years of work that is now completely messed up in the folders thay are filed in. Its a shocker."

As I mentioned in reply to your other post, LR 10 has some serious bugs with custom order. Your options:

- Live with the bugs in LR 10.

- Roll back to LR 9.4, resuming work with the copy of the LR 9 catalog that was saved when you upgraded to LR 10. But you'll lose the work you've done in LR 10, unless you do potentially lots of semi-manual work to transfer edits and metadata changes back to LR 9.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines