• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Custom Shortcuts for Quick Develop Settings

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to map shortcuts for the quick develop Settings in the Library Module?

It want to map this littel helpful functions to my midi controller, but there is no way to do this without shortcuts...

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Is it not possible to map custom shortcuts for the quick develop Settings in the Library Module as of now in Lightroom Classic.

It seems like a great idea, could you share this as a feature request here? 

https://bit.ly/2daUJ9J

This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into it for future updates.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I want to map this little helpful functions to my midi controller, but there is no way to do this without shortcuts..."

The MIDI2LR plugin lets you adjust Quick Develop settings from your MIDI device:

https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/

There are lots of tutorial pages and videos for MIDI2LR.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis

Yes, i'm working with midi2lr, but there are not all quick develop settings. The quick develop settigs which i need are exposure, temperature, shadows and highlights.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The quick develop settings which i need are exposure, temperature, shadows and highlights."

I see that MIDI2LR doesn't allow you to control the <<, <, >, and >> buttons for the White Balance and Tone Control sections of the Quick Develop panel. I think this is because Adobe didn't properly document that part of the LR SDK API (which plugins use to access LR).  The MIDI2LR developer, Rory Jaffe, had filed bug reports about this many months ago, but Adobe hasn't responded constructively.

Just now, I reverse-engineered the proper documentation and updated the bug report filed by Jaffe, explaining how MIDI2LR can easily manipulate all the settings in the Quick Develop panel:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/add-to-api-lrdevelopcontroller-quickdevelopad...

I don't know how often Jaffe checks in at these forums, so you might submit a request that he now implement those settings in MIDI2LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!! Did anyone resolved this? Ive been waiting for a long time for a solution for this. I want to use my midi controller for Exposure and WB with Quick Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Hi!! Did anyone resolved this? Ive been waiting for a long time for a solution for this. I want to use my midi controller for Exposure and WB with Quick Develop."

I think your best best is to contact the MIDI2LR developer and ask him to implement Quick Develop adjustments. You've already found the thread in the official feedback forum where he posted about LR not providing the right functionality to plugins. I followed up on that post, reverse engineering the undocumented behavior of the LR API; with that information, it should be straightforward for MIDI2LR to support all Quick Develop ajdustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are there any news about this great function? It would be great to adjust the quick develop settings just with a keyboard or other devices. It's not an hard update to assign a keyboard shortcut for every quick develop button or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The MIDI2LR application provides access to the Quick Develop commands:

https://github.com/rsjaffe/MIDI2LR/wiki/Commands#8

I believe it lets you assign keyboard shortcuts to commands as well as MIDI knobs and sliders, but I don't know if it's possible without having a MIDI device connected. There's a discussion forum for MIDI2LR linked from its web site -- let us know what you learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate