• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

customer service poor quality and dreadful communiaction skills

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so after 5 hours in techincal support and hsaring my computer i am told - i need a better laptop (my laptop is not a cheap one). supposedly everytime there is an update my laptop will be slow. this is the 4 times i have had someone play with laptop and then delete everything and reinstall, this though is the first time someone has said it is my laptop - so either it is and i need to stop using adobe products and use a different editing software or the others that tried tio fix it didn't think it was.

also i was told that every update requires more storage each time, so this time it suggests that soon everyone will need super computers to use adobe products.

i had no issues with my laptop for the first few years, so if it is slow after each update why wasn't it after the first few updates i did when i first joined. starting to think adobe. he also promised to put all my presets and layouts back before the reinstall. he din't he showed me how, so now i have to individually load my presets which he showed how to do one. you can't bulk on lightroom the way he saved them - he lost them first and saved them into a camera raw folder and i had to prove that i had more presets than the 10 he found.

i wonder why he didn't read my history as i have this problem 4 times before with speed and 5 houyrs it took him to decide to do what the last person took 5 hours to decide to do. he then hung up when i said about the presets - supposedly connection was lost - which is wierd as it close down completely and connection was lost during the chat and someone else joined. which is worrying especially as he just started looking through files on my laptop with out explaining who he was. no hi - my colleague lost power i will take over - i had to ask. then the old guy came back and the second guy left - again no communication - saying i will leave now and i am back and will carry on - nothing - hooray for communication.

so i think i will complain - how? start with live chat again - i write make a complaint - i am forward to another person who can't communicate. during the chat he says please have patience for me - i ask him what i waiting for 4 times - it turns out i am only waiting for call back - so why am i still in chat - because each time i ask that question he answers with please have pateince with us while we resolve your issue. why doesn't he say - i have contacted the head of department and they will conatct you shortly , is there anything else i can help you with.

so why can they not read the question and answer a simple question with yes or no. why when they swap places with another tech support do they not introduce themselves and so i am leaving now. why do they hang up when they realise they promised something they can't deliver and why if every update i am going become painfully slow do they not have a cheaper version that works on any laptop like they do on a mobile device. what am i paying for - a slow app, with poor costumer service who realise the customer is not important at all?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that is the downside for every company that off-shores their tech support.

While we customers can only offer limited help in an online forum, if you want to explain the details of your issues, folks here may be able to offer some assistance.

What are the hardware specs of your computer?

Mac or Windows? Which exact version of the OS.

Which exact version of Lightroom?

Where are your images stored: intern drive, external, or network?

Which actions in Lightroom are the slow ones for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To build on Maniac Joe's comment, Adobe's technical support has been horrible for many, many years. If it's a very simple problem or a problem that's exactly as described in a script, often support can resolve it. But too many times, support will waste your time and sometimes make things worse (sometimes much worse).

Adobe employees who matter won't see your complaint here -- this is primarily a user-to-user forum. You could post in the official Adobe feedback forum, where they want all product bugs and feature suggestions:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Your complaint isn't a bug or feature request per se, but Adobe employees from the prodcut teams do read everything posted in that forum. So your feedback might have a tiny bit more influence there.  

You could mail a written letter to the CEO.  The CEO almost certainly won't see it of course, but usually large-company CEOs have staff that will redirect such complaints to the appropriate product managers. (But given Adobe's reputation, I wouldn't be surprised if such letters get redirected to the circular file.)

More generally, we as customers get what we pay for. Companies keep cutting back on support to reduce costs (and prices) because consumers, given the choice between two products with roughly equivalent features, will choose the one that's cheaper, giving little consideration to the one that has better technical support.  This dynamic is exacerbated with Adobe's creative products, which have little competition.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines