Dark interface of Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to change the dark gray interface of Lightroom Classic? Especially for older people the dark color is terrible to work with. In Photoshop Elements it's possible to change the interface to a light color, but I can't find such a possibility in Lightroom Classic...

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021
There isn't, and I absolutely agree there should be. All "comfort"-considerations aside, the dark interface usually fools the eye into thinking the image is brighter than it is, and so the final result is too dark and muddy. You can set the image backdrop to white, which helps - but this makes the whole interface an over-contrasty dizzying mess. And what's with the black frame? Why is that a good idea?

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There isn't, and I absolutely agree there should be. All "comfort"-considerations aside, the dark interface usually fools the eye into thinking the image is brighter than it is, and so the final result is too dark and muddy.

You can set the image backdrop to white, which helps - but this makes the whole interface an over-contrasty dizzying mess.

And what's with the black frame? Why is that a good idea?

Lr_gray.png

Lr_white.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines