• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dark outlines from HSL/Color luminance slider

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's causing the dark outline when I reduce the blue luminance about -40? Is there a way to eliminate this? Or a better way in Lightroom or Photoshop to darken the blues, preferably without a lot of PS masking.

Thanks,

Russell

Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 08.40.54.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-08 at 08.40.34.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

I was going to make the same comment as Jim. The blue outline is already there in the original image and logically darkening the blue will also darken that outline. It looks a bit like it might be some chromatic abberation so you should first correct that. Look in lens corrections -> profile and check "remove chromatic aberations". If that doesn't take care of it, go into manual, click the eyedropper and click on the blue fringe around the hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Some Chromatic aberration brought out more after your modifications. Try some lens corrections (manual)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be more of an issue of sharpness and pixelation. The blue outline is visible in the second image prior to reducing the luminance. Doing so only enhances the outline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim. I'll work from that angle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to make the same comment as Jim. The blue outline is already there in the original image and logically darkening the blue will also darken that outline. It looks a bit like it might be some chromatic abberation so you should first correct that. Look in lens corrections -> profile and check "remove chromatic aberations". If that doesn't take care of it, go into manual, click the eyedropper and click on the blue fringe around the hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll do that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Chromatic aberration brought out more after your modifications. Try some lens corrections (manual)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines