Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep 2009 27" imac I5 High Sierra 2,66ghz 16gb.
I bought this just to run Lightroom 6 seeing as you cannot install LR6 on a
new mac air running Big Sur.

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, pre Catalina, will still run 32bit apps like the LR v6 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you are going to have to call Adobe additional times, hoping for a call center assistant that is not a jerk. 

And you will need to be assertive, that this call is for a deactivation only. Not tech help with operation of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD

I have now made 5 phone calls and get the same answers, No one will pass me
onto a supervisor or provide a contact phone number or email, they say i
will get a call in 24 to 48 hours but guess what, yep that does not happen
either. The customer service from this company is disgusting. I keep
getting told they cannot deactivate software that is not supported anymore.
Really arent they upto LR10 now even if it is by subscription. I did get an
email from someone no name that siad try now ?? but i am now getting app
closed unexpectedly, report or reopen are the options. Funnily enough if i
continuously click reopen LR will eventually give up and open lol but im
not sure if this is always going to work.

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you DM Careeeesa, as requested?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to figure that out im new here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upper right, click on your profile picture. Select Account Settings. Wait a bit, this can be slow. Select the Notifications tab. In Private Messages, is that turned on? If not, fix that, and click on Save. Note that after clicking on Save, it may appear nothing saved. Refresh the page to see change (a bit of community site annoyance)

If on, you should have an Private Message icon, upper right, third icon from right, looks like a mailing envelope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once your setting for notifications is correct, you can simply click on Casandra's profile picture in her reply, and you will now see a button to  send a message.

Or, you can click on the Private Mesage icon, and send a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks GoldingD now talking to Caseeeesa will update here when i have an outcome.

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I in fact communicated my thanks to Careeeesa, as to communicating in this community. recently, I have noticed improvements in actual Adobe Employee replies in the community. Turns out Careeeesa is in fact a lead on accomplishing just that (maybe my interpretation).

Her assistance to your posting is a huge improvement and appreciated.

She is very interested in feedback for her team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your issue has been fixed, please reply so, include what the fix was.

Perhaps "was assisted by Adobe staff,who deactivated previous activations"

( I do not know if that is the end fix, just supposition)

And then, mark that reply as accepted answer. (solved)

That lets members searching for a solution to find it (as solved)

And it removes your posting from the search for unresolved issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A special thanks goes to Careeeesa for her help in the background im guessing she knows how to contact the right people in the right places, she added an extra activation to my account. I still had opening issues but uninstalled LR6 restarted computer re-installed LR6 again it still did not ask me for my serial number ???? but at the moment LR6 seems to open everytime i try so after all the phone calls and frustrastions with the help centre an Adobe staff member took the time to help me out and i cannot thank her enough.

Many thanks th everyone who had an input great outcome

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

auch ich habe seit gestern das Problem dass ich LR 6 nicht registrieren kann. Mir wird immer gesagt dass LR 6 auf der zulässigen Anzahl von Geräten installiert ist. Ich habe LR 6 aber über all abgemeldet und deinstalliert. Aber nichts hilft. Was kann ich tun das die Registrierung abgeschlossen werden kann?

Dank im Voraus für die Hilfe

Ditmar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old PC has died on me. So I got a new one but it won't let me activate Lightroom 6, telling me that I need to sign out of my license on my old PC first. But that PC is broken. So I cannot reset my LR6 license. @CMass or some other support staff member: Would you be so kind to reset my LR6 licenses for me? 

Thanks a lot!

e-rol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I contacted the staff via the chat function and they fixed it for me! Glad I can go on using LR6 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @CMass , I'm also having the problem with deactivating the license prior to a new installation. Sent you a PM last week, but didn't go through?

Best regards, Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carissa Massongill I have private messaged you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I bought a new desktop. I uninstalled lightroom 6 on my previous desktop. When i tried to install lightroom 6 on my new desktop, it says i have already 2 versions installed. How can i fix this?

Thank you

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know how to access your account you should be able to deactivate one or both of your other installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried to deactivate by login out, or deinstalling the program. But still when i try to activate it on my new desktop it says my lincense has been used already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you will have to contact Adobe. Pray that you luck out with person who answers and helps as opposed to flatly stating they no longer provide support.

Any Adobe app or web page, start by clicking on chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To deactivate an activated computer you have to use the computer and login to your Adobe account to complete the deactivation. If you are unable to achieve that e.g. The unit is unavailable then you have to contact Adobe and chat with an Adobe agent to physically complete the process.

This process is unique to Lightroom 6 stand alone application. Lightroom version 1 through 5 did not have mandatory activate and deactivate process, the license allowed you to have the application installed on two computers but it was not "policed". Once you used the license key the install was activated.

After Lightroom 6 licensed key application there was only the subscription applications.

Be aware support for Lightroom 6 ended over two years ago.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like LR6 to be available to use on three computers; two desktops and one travel laptop; with two activated at one-time.     What is the process to temporarily sign out or deactivate one of the active desktops to enable activation on the travel laptop and then subsequently deactivate the laptop and reactivate the desktop later?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to sign out of the application on one computer

Sign out ==> de-activation

Then on another computer, you have to sign in

Sign in ==> activation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, when you say sign out, does that mean you would open the LR6 application on the computer you want to sign out on...and somewhere in the menu drop down i can locate  a sign out / sign in option?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines