Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Crop Orientation

Engaged ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a small annoyance but one that I feel needs mentioning; 

When choosing preset crop ratios, the default is always in landscape mode. For example, I'm working on a native 3x2 ratio in portrait orientation but I want to make an 8x10 instead. As soon as I hit 'R' the guides appear, but when I select the 8x10 preset, it rotates the crop to 10x8 (landscape). It corrects as soon as I hit 'X' but I'd rather not have to.

Is there an easy way for devs to help LRCC 'know' that I'm working on a portrait orientation photo to give me portrait ratios as default when I need to crop? This would save us a little time here and there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the link shown to submit feature suggestions:

2020-08-27 11_44_29-Lightroom Classic on Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is the new behavior and if you wish to let Adobe know you have another preference, you need to follow the suggested link. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines