Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Sharpening and Noise Reduction

Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I don't like Lightroom sharpness and noise reduction. That's not a problem, I have set it to zero.

This is not the 1st time I have noticed LR is still applying it and ruining my photos!

There was a shortcut that would allow me to pre-define this as zero (ALT and press a button) but that now has gone.

I have made a post in the past and told to make a preset, like this: https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2020/02/how-to-customize-lightroom-classics-default-develop-settings-v...

Issue is that even after that i am having the same issue with older photos, and even new ones. Do I have to removel all photos from the catalog and import again?

This is ridiculous, confusing and unecessary. I really can't understand why am I paying for a software that keeps getting worst instead of improving... Really frustating...

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the software does not meet your needs, cancel your subscription. Seems like the best thing to do, and you certainly don't need our advice on that point.

You can apply presets to older photos, in bulk. Removing photos and then importing again is not the solution. Select all the desired photos that you want to apply the preset to, and then in the Develop Module, turn on Auto-Sync, apply the preset to one photo, and then it will be applied to all selected photos. Then turn Auto-Sync off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apreciate you advise, but what I need is to Adobe to remove features that work and add features that don't work. A small search indicates that I am not the only one with this issue...

Thank you for the tip, will try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the latest version of Lightroom Classic (version 9.4) then perhaps you are unaware that the process of setting your own default settings has changed. You might want to consider the procedure outlined in the following video tutorial that will enable you to set ANY settings that you choose to default settings for the cameras that you use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGCnR9qEqA4&t=29s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic has always applied some sharpening.

My workaround is to apply a preset during import. This is a preset called Zeroed, that comes with LrC. 

Lightroom General Presets/Classic? Not at a PC to lookup, to verify.

/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if all sharpening (and this is capture sharpening) is off, some sharpening is applied. 

Default or otherwise, you capture sharpen based on your rendering desires. 

See: http://creativepro.com/out-of-gamut-thoughts-a-sharpening-workflow/ 

Further, you can ONLY evaluate capture sharpening properly IN the develop module at 100% (1:1) zoom.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines