Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Defringe after last update

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I updated Lightroom classic yesterday (11.11.19) and it seems that manual defringe panel is not working. Does enyone else have this issue?

Many thanks, Linas

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: It`s working, but I have to zoom in 1:1 for it to take effect. Any solutions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When examining and editing details, like sharpness/sharpening, noise/noise reduction, chromatic aberration, and moire, you have to view the image at 1:1. 

Any other view will be inaccurate and misleading, because the image has been scaled.

At 1:1, one image pixel is represented by one screen pixel, which gives you a true and accurate representation of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It`s visible at any zoom. Removing fringe only takes effect if you zoom in and out.

For example - I select area effected with fringe color selector, sliders automatically adjust but efect is not visible unless you zoom in and out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not clear to me if you're doing this edit at 1:1, are you?

When doing this kind of editing, you should zoom to 1:1 before you start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m not doing retouching zoomed in at 1:1. It`s not necessary to zoom in as fringe color selector enlarges area by 5x5 pixels and you can clearly see area effected. Do you have any experience with Lighrtoom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I`m not doing retouching zoomed in at 1:1. It`s not necessary to zoom in as fringe color selector enlarges area by 5x5 pixels and you can clearly see area effected. "

I agree with Per Berntsen that you should make this adjustment in 1:1 Zoom view, which makes it easier to determine the actual image area you are sampling. That said it should still work properly at Fit view using the sampling eyedropper.  I can see an anomaly similar to what you mention at Fit view, but only when switching back to the Library module. The fringe in the below image is magenta color, which appears to be removed at Fit view in the Develop module after the Defringe eyedropper sampling. However, when I switch back to the Library module while still in Fit view the fringe is still there, but now appears green in color. Zooming to 1:1 view and back to Fit view corrects ths issue and the fringe is no longer visible.

All of these screenshots are at Fit view.

NO DEFRINGE APPLIED

No Defringe.jpg

DEFRINGE APPLIED IN DEVELOP MODULE

Defringe Applied - Develop Module View.jpg

DEFRINGE APPLIED SWITCH TO LIBRARY MODULE

Defringe Applied - Library Module View.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additional observation. If I apply the Defringe settings using a Develop preset I created for this lens the Library module Fit view image does not exhibit any fringing. It only appears when using the Defringe eydropper or when manually adjusting the Defringe slider settings with the mouse. I checked the same image file in LR 5.7.1 and it does not exhibit this behavior so something changed in one of the later versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only repeat what I said before, always do these kind of edits at 1:1.

I have used Lightroom since version 2, but this is more about how digital images work – to see a true representation of the image, you have to view at 1:1. This applies to any image editor or viewer, not just Lightroom.

But for all I know, something else could be the issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines