• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete entry in tag suggestion list

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community, I got to try LR Classic at a friends computer with a rather large collection of my own pictures. So far its quite good but something bothers both of us: If a tag is assigned to any picture at any time but you delete it afterwards e.g. because it was wrong or it was mispelled, the suggestion list keeps this wrong and not longer existant entry forever. Editing the tag name does not update the suggestions. Removing it manually from tag list does not update it. Removing all tags without uses does not update it. Even deleting all the suggestions for metadata in catalogue settings does not remove them! (and I don't was to loose all suggestions only because one is wrong...)

It remains in the list and once you select it, it will be added to the tag list again. This is really annoying after short use already.

Do you know where LRC save this list? Most of the files a quite humanreadable, so I could edit it manually if I only knew where it is located. I didnt find in in AppData.

Do you know a more comfortable way to fix this situation?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just found another post which I didnt before posting this. It seems to be a known bug, we must wait for a fix then. However. Does sb know, where the suggestion list is saved? Could work around it meanwhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[deleted]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug was fixed in LR 9.2:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/deleting-a-keyword-from-the-keyword-list-does...

Troubleshooting steps:

1. Do the menu command Help > System Info and verify you're running LR 9.2.1 (the most recent version). If not, do Help > Updates.

2. If the bug persists, you may have to delete the old set of keyword suggestions that was created before the bug was fixed, as described here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/deleting-a-keyword-from-the-keyword-list-does...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! We'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines