• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete the video (mov) of live photo, photo (jpg) will be deleted

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic 8.4.1 still has this problem.
Not only that, but if I restore the jpg of the live photo from the recycle bin, Lr will mark it as a lost photo. Every time I sync the folder, Lr will ask me if I want to delete these lost photos, but actually On, they exist on the hard disk, they just lost the mov of live photo.

Windows 10 Home 1903

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That isn't a usual experience as deleting a live photo in Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 deletes only the image and video still exists. 

Which operating system are you using? What is the source of these Live photos?(which device)

I see you've also posted on the discusison https://community.adobe.com/t5/Lightroom-Classic/Deleting-iPhone-Live-Photo-videos-in-Lightroom-dele...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My live photos are from iPhone 6 and iPhone 8.

They consist of jpg+mov or heif+mov.

After I delete the mov, jpg or heif will be automatically put into the recycle bin, then I recover them from the recycle bin.

Later, I found that when I synced the folder, Lr always reminded me that some photos were lost, but I found them still on hard disk when I viewed them in Windows explorer.

After carefully checking these photos, I realized that they are the jpg or heif in the live photos I recovered from the Recycle Bin.

I delete them from the catalog and import them again, they will still be displayed "has been lost" when I sync the folders.

except for that bad reminder, they can be used normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the time, I don't want to delete the entire live photo, I just want to delete the jpg or mov, but Lr will delete the other half at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is terrible.

Just happened to me on LR Classic 9.3.

After deleting the .mov file, the .jpg was gone to the Trash as well.

Mac Mohave 10.14.6.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

I don't know if this is somehow related to this but whenever I synch the folder it marks 104 files as "missing" and re-imports them. Every single time, even if I just re-imported the files. Crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines