• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete video within LIghtroom Classic CC

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t delete any video files within Lightroom. When I want to delete video from Lightroom Catalog, it says: ‘The file named ……. could not be moved to the Recycle Bin.’

So, here are some information

1. I have a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud, so my desktop Adobe Lightroom Classic and Photoshop are always up to date.
  2. All videos were upload a long time ago, so it can’t be if LR do some rendering a preview or checking if the metadata is up-to-date.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Can you  post the full message exactly as it appears? Usually when a file can't be deleted it's because Lightroom doesn't know where it is because it has moved from it's original location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you  post the full message exactly as it appears? Usually when a file can't be deleted it's because Lightroom doesn't know where it is because it has moved from it's original location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in 2024, Lightroom Classic is unable to delete videos that are used by a process, itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows this is usually becauseLightroom can be locking a video file while it generates previews from it. 

Wait a few moments until it completes, or move the mouse over another video which makes Lightroom lock it instead. Then try deleting the file again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s probably it, but I almost alway can delete the file directly in windows explorer 😀 I wish Lightroom could detect that it is blocking itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines