• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleted folders but i can get it back with a back up!!! HELP

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I deleted several folders this afternoon but now it turns out that all folders have been deleted. Also folders in which I was working. What can I do? If I restore a backup, nothing happens. HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the trash? If you deleted files and folders they arer normally put into the trash.

>> If I restore a backup, nothing happens...

What do you mean with "nothing happens". Isd this a backup from Lightroom or do you has backuped your photos?

In Lightroom's backup you'll find only the catalog file. If you have lost folders with your pictures you must  restore the data from a backup that you should have done outside of Lightroom.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

esthern54704233_0-1624298585345.png

Here is my back up if i open it i go to lightroom and there are not my photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photos are not stored in a catalog. A backup of a catalog does not included backups of photos.

LrC is not a file manager. Folders are not in the catalog, are not in a backup of a catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you restore folders from your backups, you have to copy (not move) these folders to the exact same location that the non-backups were previously located. Did you do that?

Also, when you say you deleted several folders, did you delete them from Lightroom Classic or delete them using your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get to the back up by going to the back up folder and there i pick the latest backup. I open it and my folders are not there in lightroom. 

esthern54704233_0-1624298389780.png 

At the left side you can see the folders but there are a few of them not all of them 😞

I deleted the folders in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the folders in lightroom.

You need to find a recent backup of your catalog file from before you did the deleting. Open that backup, then select the folders of interest, then File->Export as Catalog; then open your main catalog and then File->Import from Another Catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it but is says there are not photos find 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you also have to restore the photos from your backups. Copy (not move) the backups of the photos to the EXACT location where originals were before you deleted them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't emptied the Recycle Bin (see desktop), you can easily restore deleted folders and images from there.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines