• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted images from Lightroom Classic not found in Recycle Bin

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - I am using Lightroom Classic CC and suddenly when I delete my images they are not showing in the recycle bin.  What has happened and how do I put it right please?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandra208,

When you delete them from the Lightroom, that removes them from the catalog, and that removes all the editing as well. It will be necessary for you to import the images again and edit them again. The same would have been true even if you had just removed them from Lightroom. Doing so removes the images from the catalog, and that removes all of the edit history for those images.

If you have a backup catalog that you can restore that has those images in place. But then, any images that were added after that back up would not be included. And if you do have the backup catalog that you can restore, it would be well if you can restore the images to the same folder they were in before they were deleted.

You may refer this similar discussion Recover deleted photos back to original lightroom catalog

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which option did you choose, removed from Lightroom or delete from disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Delete from disk as I normally would as I just dont need them. It was fine

this morning and now I have now idea where they have gone

Kind Regards

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the folder where they were to see if they are there just in case you inadvertently selected the other option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I purposely went back and deleted another image to see if it went

to the trash bin, but it didnt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s ok the computer shut down or, restarted and it’s all fine again now

Thanks for your help

Sandra

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 17:09, Sandra Walding <sandrawalding54@gmail.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know some people are trying to help, but I am often surprised by the fact that someone answers a quesdtion that wasn't asked or they assume basic steps were not taken. I'm having the same issue that Sandra_b discusses here. For the last 2 1/2 years I've deleted from disc my lightroom files I do not wish to keep. They are always in the Recycle Bin to be restored if I want. Now, in Lightroom, when I delete from disc I get the same message I always do "Moving files to the recycle bin" but then nothing is in the recycle bin. This has never happened before and I haven't performed a reboot (not going to) but it's very odd when it happens all of a sudden (and no, the option on the recycle bin to immediately delete the files without placement in the recycle bin is not checked. The problem is not unique to Lightroom as I deleted files from elsewhere and they are not appearing in the Recycle bin either. Curious what the windows issue is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines