Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Photos Showing up as Grey Icons now

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First time this has happened to me, I deleted a load of unwated photos from mhy lightroom and now in the All Photos section I have grey Icons appearing where the photos used to be.

This has never happened before and it's really anoying.

I deleted the previous folder to see if it would correct itself upon launching LR again, but has brought the grey icons back again, where the photos used to be.

Is there a way to remove these ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you shut LrC down, Restarted your computer and then checked the status of those deleted images?

Did you Delete them IN LrC or using the File manager for the OS you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted them as usual via LR but in the all photos section i'm left with hundreds of grey icons which never used to happen.

I've deleted previews amd let LR re populate but they're still there - i've done all I can think of to try and clear them away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a a screen shot of the Full LrC window in the Library module of what you are seeing on your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my screen, you can see either side of the 3 actual images are the grey icons of files i previously deleted... this has occurred throughout and only occurred since this week only.

Screenshot 2020-10-10 172609.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does that look in Library Module? Include Folder panel in screnshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is NOT the Library Module. that is a screen shot of the Develop Module.

Also show the Grid View in the main, center, viewing area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Previews.lrdata folder when LrC is Closed. Then Test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your deletion of photos occur within LrC, or did you use your OS file manager to delete them?

Same question for folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

All my deletetions are done the same x and then ctrl backspace 

In the "all photos" mode, this is how it looks with the greyd icons.... previously they appeared in the folder like that but i then re imported them as duplicates and it cleared that but now, all photos are showing these grey icons for any picture i now delete and it's frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Just Shoot Me stated, delete the library previews, see what happens.

see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gives-error-preview-cache.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried both options on that page and both times once lightroom restarts, the blank grey icons appear back again.

It only seems to be from my last shoot, not evrything else, just the photos I took and deleted from my last upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my library screenshot... basically all of the grey icons are the files i deleted at the end of the lot i shot

This continues throughout that days photos i removed, does not happen elsewhere.

Screenshot 2020-10-11 113116.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried deleting the last two photos at the end and i got and internal error message

an internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index field 'rootFile' (a nil value)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the Grey images have the Rejected Flag. Delete them with the Ctrl + Backspace key combo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,

They are not photos and everything has been deleted. 

I have stated above, the files were deleted but in the "all photos" section the blank icons where the photos used to be now are there in place.

It's only on the last set of photos I imported, the other photos are all totally fine.

It is not a delete or flag problem, it's something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1602438599692.jpeg

davidg36166309_1-1602438599693.png

davidg36166309_2-1602438599693.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Searching on this, it appears a reoccurring problem that can be described as Ghost Images occurs for some users.

You should post your problem over at the Adobe Feedback site where actual Adobe Techs respond.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

note: in the sign in for that site, use your Photoshop Family account.

When you post your problem, include your screenshots, and include your System Info (as in my earlier reply).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines