• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting multiple photos from disc

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I delete multiple photos from the disc in Lightroom? When I select multiple photos and click "delete," only 1 photo is deleted. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this link that you might find helpful.

https://capturelandscapes.com/simple-trick-to-delete-multiple-images-in-lightroom/

warmly, joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That answer is almost 10 years old from 2011, it does not work in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is missing is that you have to be in Grid View first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beg to differ!

The link given by @josephlavine is still valid in Lightroom-Classic v10.0

And you do not have to be in Grid view for this suggested method.

I just tested this with 10 photos- one being viewed in Loupe View:

With CapsLock on (to auto scroll along)-  Pressed [X] to flag each photo as rejected,

Hit [Ctrl+Backspace]-  It asks "do I want to delete all.."

ScreenShot023.jpg

It is still true, in Loupe view or Develop mode, that simply pressing [Delete] with multi photos selected in the Filmstrip, that only the 'most selected' (brightest grey) photo will be deleted. I am sure that Lightroom has been designed this way to prevent us accidently deleting multiple photos wthout realizing that we may have hundreds of photos selected.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WobertC

My apologies, I'm a long time LR user — from before v1 — when the LrC moniker was unknown. I had this issue with the former CC version that has hijacked the LR monikor. I was trying to do an iOS database so I was using that CC thing that started ingesting my Photos library which was undesireable, So I had issues deleting that and a Google search landed me here and LrC wasn't mentioned so I thought I was in the right place and I didn't check the forum header.

In any case, links to 10yr old suggestions are always déclassé. It's better to just post the instructions inline.

I ws trying to edit my comment, but the browser wasn't allowing that…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I select multiple photos and click "delete," only 1 photo is deleted."

This is the result if you are selecting photos in the Filmstrip (when not using Grid View mode).

Example: You may be viewing one image in Loupe view, then select multiple on the Filmstrip to delete- only the one 'first selected' viewed photo will be deleted.

The answer from Joe is the best!

To take it further- if culling many photos from your computer you might benefit from using the 'Refine' function-

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/confused-about-what-quot-refine-photos-quot-and-quot-valida...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The method outlined in that tutorial has worked for years, and it still works in LrC 10. I used it the other day to clean out some rejects following a review of some images from my daughter's wedding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines