Deleting old catalogues after upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR upgrade also upgraded my catalogs (2). Now, when I boot, I have 8 catalogs to choose from - the two current ones and 6 old ones from when LR has done this in the past. The catalogs are not too big but I would like to at least get them out of the startup menu. Can the old ones be deleted now that the updated one is in force.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 20, 2020
WobertC Adobe Community Professional , Oct 20, 2020
Yes. Simply delete them (the .LRCAT file) in the OS File Browser by dragging to 'Trash' or 'Recycle Bin', as you would any other type of file (like a document, or spreadsheet, etc). You should also delete the 'Parent' folder of the un-wanted Catalog which will trash the Previews .LRDATA and other temporary files that accompany the un-wanted Catalog. Just be certain you are deleting the un-wanted catalogs! And you are making Catalog Backups of your current working Catalog I Hope!  

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Simply delete them (the .LRCAT file) in the OS File Browser by dragging to 'Trash' or 'Recycle Bin', as you would any other type of file (like a document, or spreadsheet, etc). You should also delete the 'Parent' folder of the un-wanted Catalog which will trash the Previews .LRDATA and other temporary files that accompany the un-wanted Catalog.

Just be certain you are deleting the un-wanted catalogs! And you are making Catalog Backups of your current working Catalog I Hope!

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.1.1, Photoshop 22.2, Lightroom 4.1, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Startup Menu?

Your LrC Catalog files should Not be in the OS Startup menu.

Or are you talking about the LrC Select Catalog dialog box that comes up if you hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the LrC icon to start the program?

2020-10-21 06_30_12-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Mine is configured to show this window on startup so I can select which catalog to use. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
richards95750395 AUTHOR LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the OS startup. The LR startup.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines