• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

deleting original pictures from lightroom classic when using lightroom cc

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it possible to delete original pictures from lightroom classic using lightroom cc?

in details:

1.I import pictures to new folder in lightroom classic on my pc

2.then I create “new“collection with these pictures and I sinc it with my mobile devises in Adobe cloud

3.using lightroom CC on my mobile devices I edit /select pictures

4.I delete some of them in lightroom CC

5.I understand that in this point  (because  they are synced on all devices ) they can be removed from the “new“ collection in lightroom classic on my pc

6.but still all original pictures including deleted ones are in the folder in lightroom classic

And now I am looking for the answer:

Can i delete original pictures from my lightroom classic folder in the same time when deleting them in lightroom cc ?

it looks that I have to select/delete them again in original folder -double work

regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Lightroom Classic only syncs a smart preview from collections to the cloud so your original will always remain untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic only syncs a smart preview from collections to the cloud so your original will always remain untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what 99jon has posted if you were to remove the original files from LR Classic and/ or from the hdd of your computer then they will be deleted from the Collections and all synced devices.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for reply

yes I understand

but my goal is to work on mobile device to preselect and delete original pictures from my lightroom classic and hdd and to avoid repeating the same process in original folder in lightroom classic

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s so by design, if you wish to make a new feature request you can do so at the link below.

Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

You may already find a feature request there a the moment and if so you can add your support.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola, como lo que pretendemos no es posible; estando en Lr-Web, marco como rechazadas las fotos que deseo borrar y, luego, desde LrC-local borro todas las rechazadas.

Si alguien tiene otra idea , agradeceré la comente.

Saludos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines