Highlighted

Deleting photos from all synced photos

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to delete photos from the All synched photos. Attempting to do so gets me a message saying it will be removed Creative Cloud etc., but not from the desktop catalog.   I want the photo to be completely deleted; from the hard drive and the catalog.

I suppose I can find the folder that the photo is in, and delete it from there, but I was hoping there was a better way.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Deleting photos from all synced photos

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to delete photos from the All synched photos. Attempting to do so gets me a message saying it will be removed Creative Cloud etc., but not from the desktop catalog.   I want the photo to be completely deleted; from the hard drive and the catalog.

I suppose I can find the folder that the photo is in, and delete it from there, but I was hoping there was a better way.

TOPICS
Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct to delete files from the disk on your computer from, Lightroom, you have to complete that function by selecting the original image file in a folder in Lightroom. e.g. If you delete from a collection it will be removed from the collection not from the disk.

As far as I am aware the only other option available to remove / delete a file from a disk is to use your operating system to do so.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.7: LrC 10, Lr 4, Ps 22.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remove it from 'All Photographs', rather than 'All Synced Photographs'. Lightroom will show you a dialog asking if you want to delete it from disk too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 02, 2020 1