• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Publishing Collection

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR Classic for years and not come across this problem before!

I am trying to delete some image from LR and the original folder and when I try to delete I get the following box come up (Deleting Publishing Collection The publishing service is not authorised. Please authorise from the publish services panel) Where do I authorise this and why has it suddenly done this?

The only thing I have done is to use Topaz Denoise Plugin and deleted some Tiff files.

(Edited by Moderator to remove attached image and place Inline with the text)

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 15.15.31.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Your screen show shows the photo is missing but that probably has nothing to do with this.  If a photo is in a Publish Collection it should show a Collection Badge and if you click on the badge it should show a list of collections the photo is in, including Publish Collections. You dont have a badge so maybe you dont have them displayed or the photo is not in a publish collection.  Turn your badges on and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

From your last screenshot looks like you do have badges turned on.  Just for an experiment, choose All Photographs and do Export as Catalog with all the options unchecked.  Exporting as a catalog removes the Publish info.  This may clean up you issue.  See if you can remove the photo in the exported catalog.  If so you have an issue in your catalog.

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.32.27 AM.jpg

BTW, thumbnail badge option is here

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.29.02 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

I suspect that in your Publishing Services, you set a service up, bit you are currently not authorized to modify what is published. 

This could be caused by but not limited to:

not setting the authentication up correctly

The login credentials have changed

The service is not up

The service no longer exists

Bring up Publishing Services and see what you have set up.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/errors-occur-using-lightrooms-publish.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the Full screen of the LR Classic Library module.

It looks like you are in a Collection and Not in the Folders section and that you are actually in the Publish Services section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 14.23.18.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen show shows the photo is missing but that probably has nothing to do with this.  If a photo is in a Publish Collection it should show a Collection Badge and if you click on the badge it should show a list of collections the photo is in, including Publish Collections. You dont have a badge so maybe you dont have them displayed or the photo is not in a publish collection.  Turn your badges on and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. The photo is missing as in desperation I deleted it from the drive to see if I could then delete it from LR. The images that I'm trying to delete are not in any collections and I haven't done anything other than deleted some .tiff files returned from Topaz Denoise as I wanted to start again with them.

How do you turn your badges on for me to check? Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 15.53.40.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your last screenshot looks like you do have badges turned on.  Just for an experiment, choose All Photographs and do Export as Catalog with all the options unchecked.  Exporting as a catalog removes the Publish info.  This may clean up you issue.  See if you can remove the photo in the exported catalog.  If so you have an issue in your catalog.

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.32.27 AM.jpg

BTW, thumbnail badge option is here

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.29.02 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that in your Publishing Services, you set a service up, bit you are currently not authorized to modify what is published. 

This could be caused by but not limited to:

not setting the authentication up correctly

The login credentials have changed

The service is not up

The service no longer exists

Bring up Publishing Services and see what you have set up.

see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/errors-occur-using-lightrooms-publish.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks all, I appear to have resolved things whilst I still have some hair left! Don't ask me how but as long as things work I'm happy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines