• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Depth Map

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported a HEIC image from my iPhone 11 Pro Max with OS X 13.6.1 into LR Classic 9.4. I wanted to play with adjust the focal point of an image shot in Portrait Mode. My understanding is that I open the image in Development, use a radial tool (as an example) and then make a selection. I then understand that I can then select from Range Mask the drop down, Depth Map. But it is greyed out. That is my first problem: how to see my depth mask. BTW, I did create a Smart Preview beforehand. 

Then I tried taking this image over to Photoshop 21.2.2 and looked at Channels. I see the RGB channels but I had expected to see the Depth Map. Gain, foiled. No depth map. Problem number 2: why can't I see the Depth Map in PS?

In PS I had tried to Select>Load Selection after selecting the entire image. I thought I could then create a channel for Depth Map. That also did not work

Also, I had used in LR CC the Lens Correction for my Apple iPhone.

Thank you for suggestions

William

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

I just did a quick test... exported a DNG of an  image that I shot with the Lr camera in Depth mode. I airdropped a DNG and imported it into Classic. In the Develop module I selected the Radial Filter and was able to access the controls for the Depth Mask. In Photoshop I can import the original HEIC and adjust the Depth Map by selecting the Lens Blur filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines