Highlighted

Desktop folder disappeared in Lightroom Import window

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I open Lightroom Classic just now to import a job I just shot and the Desktop folder isn't there. Not a clue what happened. It was there last night, it's been there ever since I've used Lightroom (which is a long time).

Anyone have any ideas? If I put the new folder of images in the Pictures folder it shows up in the Lightroom import window.

I've attached a screen shot of what's showing up in the import window.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Desktop folder disappeared in Lightroom Import window

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I open Lightroom Classic just now to import a job I just shot and the Desktop folder isn't there. Not a clue what happened. It was there last night, it's been there ever since I've used Lightroom (which is a long time).

Anyone have any ideas? If I put the new folder of images in the Pictures folder it shows up in the Lightroom import window.

I've attached a screen shot of what's showing up in the import window.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Lightroom Classic forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

The Community Help forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I'm not on this forum often enough to know any better. thanks for doing this for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may well have tripped over Apple's security/privacy system. Check whether you've given Lightroom access to your desktop as shown in attached screenshot.

If you don't see Lightroom listed then click on the '+' button to add, then check place a check in the list of boxes as per the screenshot.

security-1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked and it's okay, all the boxes are checked for Lightroom. After I posted this I discovered the Desktop folder isn't showing up in my ON1 software either. I worked last night until about 11pm and everything was fine then. But this morning the Destop folder is gone in both Lightroom and ON1. Too weird.

I'm blaming it on Catalina. I've had nothing but problems since I updated to that OS.

Thanks for getting back to me, stay safe during these crazy times...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines