• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

destination folder because it's not writeable.

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Canon, a new mac with Catalina and newly installed Lightroom Classic 9.2.1. I had had no problems downloading photos from my SD card. I was downloading fine, then on the same card, without making any changes, I started getting the Error Message: Import Operations Were Not Performed. Could not file to the destination folder because it's not writable. 

I need step-by-step instructions on how to fix this. Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Destination folder in the Import dialog box does not point to a folder that has write permission. The easiest solution is to change the Destination folder in the Import Dialog box to some other folder that does have write permission.

You could also change the permissions in your operating system to the folder you want to write to, but I can't give support for Macs; and anyway Google finds plenty of instructions on changing permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5.

I looked at Google before I contacted you. That’s why Im asking for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Jean, on a Mac its simple to check if you have "Read and Write" permissions for a specific folder. Youse finder to select the folder, right-click the folder and from the popup select "get info" in the popup it will display what your permissions are, you can change that from that dialog box. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2020-07-26 at 6.54.19 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the first two were read and write. Everyone was read only. I changed it to read and write but still no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Lightroom has all the permissions it needs:

10F7C523-C3AE-4F8F-8006-C91BB1E24A4D.png

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outside of LrC, in the MACOS, bring up,System Preferences, select Security and Privacy, select the Privacy tab, scroll down to Files and Folders, for Lightroom Classic, and while yoau are at it, for Photoshop, make sure all media types are checked

767B9E58-D653-428E-AB2A-E3CA4AA6F085.png

see: https://nektony.com/duplicate-finder-free/folders-permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ... no go. Everything is checked. I signed out of LRC, rebooted my computer. Nothing. I will try the duplicate finder when I have time to concentrate. 

Very frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went ahead and downloaded duplicate file finder. It looks like it may be helpful in the future, but not relevant to my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change the Destination folder in Lightroom. Or change the permissions on the Destination folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines