• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Destination Folder problem

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start Lightroom Classic and it loads my catalogue file as normal. When I try to add files to the catalogue after I click on Import the following message bubble appears before I get the option to select a source:-

The destination folder “/Volumes/LaCie/Chris's Photographs/2020/2020 02 16 Wye Flood/2020 08 20/RAW” is not available. Using “Pictures” folder instead.

The referred to destination folder is just one of the sub folders withing my master folder 'Chris's Photographs' which contains photgraphs of a specific photoshoot. This folder (even though it is not the one I want to use) is none the less available and I can see the photographs within it that relatwe to that shoot.

It is as if Lightroom has set a default folder for all imports to go in to rather than allowing me to choose as part of the import process. 

I have searched for an option to preset a default destination folder without success. Any help would be appreciated. This problem has developed since I imported some photographs which were added to the external disk storage but do not appear in the catalogue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?

When was the OS updated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have searched for an option to preset a default destination folder without success."

I believe its in the preference file. You can edit it with a text editor. (Or reset all preferences)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have not found a preset for Destination Folder anywhere and following the guidance from Lightroom Queen has not made any difference. 

Am still at a loss as to how to get rid of this problem apart from deleting Lightroom Classic  and re-installing it.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS  is 10.15.6 guess updated in the last month - certainly before the problem arose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved this problem now. I found a sub folder in the destination folder which shouldn't have been there. I deleted it and when I now try to import the warning message does not show and I can choose the destination folder I want to use not the one that Lightroom thinks I want to use!

Thanks for all help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LrC 9.4 introduced a new feature that you may wish to view, see the link attached.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-4-cloud-3-4/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines