• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop module and print module display is different.

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem that Adobe does not have an answer for.  I have a completed photo that I want to print but the view in the print module is not the same as in the develop or library module.   The final print looks just like it does in the print module, so it is not the printer its the computer view.   The print module view is undersaturated and less vibrant than the develop module.   No problem between Library and Develop.  I spoke with Adobe and have not gotten an answer yet.  The upper view is from the library module, the lower is the printer module view.

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 7.52.22 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the quality of the printer how similar it looks in the Library / Develop module and in the Print module. The fact that the final print looks just like it does in the print module is actually intended and a good sign. Do you use ICC profiles? What are the color management settings like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I increase the saturation and vibrance in the develop module by 25 it looks oversaturated in the develop module but good in the print module and then the final print looks good.   I don't use ICC profiles and it doesnt matter which monitor I use whether from a laptop or 32 inch monitor.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, if this is enough for you ... You can achieve the best printing results by using ICC profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. Make sure to uncheck the zoom to fill button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same problem. I know it's only the print view, not the print itself, but it is quite annoying. Which zoom to fill button do you mean here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I see the button in the Print module. (Something I never use.)

But checked or unchecked, the problem is still there for me. Saturation and contrast drop, and it seems white-balance is also off...to the blue side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this behavior and it is a bug that's been reported. 

The good news is, the Print Module is really only for FPO; and there's no soft proofing. But yeah, the differences shouldn't be this dramatic and Adobe knows about it. Ignore the preview in Print and print a way. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines