• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop module - No photo selected (LrC 10)

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to LrC10 only to come across the following issue:

When I go into the develop module with a photo selected in the library module, the selected photo does not show up in the develop module. All I get is "No photo selected". Even if I try to click other photos on the filmstrip at the bottom, nothing changes and I still get "No photo selected" in the develop module.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

I actually got it working by following these steps: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/. After I removed the .plist file and restarted Lightroom everything seems to work correctly. Out of curiousity I replaced the new .plist file with the one I removed and it stopped working again, so there's definitely some issue related to the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this too! If I'm in the grid and I press any of the shortcuts to get to the Develop Module (G, R, Q, etc.), or even click on "Develop" in the menu, I get "No photo selected." I've reinstalled twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen when you click on a photo in the grid? (The original message said click on the a photo in the filmstrip)

Can you please show us screen captures, where the photo is selected and then the Develop module showing the error? You do this by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon to include the screen capture in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has magically started working for me now - no idea what changed. It was occuring in the develop module,.no matter where the photo was selected (filmstrip and grid).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually got it working by following these steps: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/. After I removed the .plist file and restarted Lightroom everything seems to work correctly. Out of curiousity I replaced the new .plist file with the one I removed and it stopped working again, so there's definitely some issue related to the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Aaron .. this worked perfectly for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines