• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Develop Module Problems

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past few days I have lost the ability to develop two images and instead have black or blue screens.  I have disabled the Graphics processor in Preferences and restarted but that does not make a diference.  Attached images may help.

Screen Shot 2020-03-08 at 11.41.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-08 at 12.13.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-08 at 12.14.49 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is caused by a corrupted photo. You need to find this photo in your backups, and restore a copy of the backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Although I have backed up my catalog for many years, my backups, as of today, go back a little more than 2 years. I am using Time Machine. Is there another solution?

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to find a backup of these 2 PHOTOS, not backup of the catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated by Paige- "corrupted"

This icon of an exclamation mark in a dark circle is an indicator of file corruption.

ScreenShot199.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another solution?

Ideally- No. (If Time Machine does not have it)

You need to restore the PHOTO file (thanks Paige)  from a backup location that exists.

You could try going, outside of Lightroom, to the file in Finder and then trying to open it with Photoshop, or other photo editor.

If it opens this way you may be able to save a copy that becomes accessible in Lightroom.

If it was a valuable photo- you might recover a small version by extracting from the Lr previews with a plugin-

Extract Cached Image Previews Lightroom Plugin

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not have any other apps capable of photo editing but just for the fun of it I tried the following.  Using Preview, I opened the image from the Lightroom catalog and then saved the image to my Desktop. I import from there back to Lightroom but that would not work.  I think that I will move on and hope that this does not happen again.  Thanks for you efforts and advice.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines