Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diagonal cross lines in Crop Tool overlay Lightroom

Enthusiast ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Why do I get diagonal cross lines when I click the crop tool. and how to get rid of them?

What are they about?

Thanks a lot,

Raphael

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

There are two ways to get what you want:

• Choose Tools > Crop Guide Overlay > Grid.
  • Follow WobertC's instructions to press the O key as often as necessary, to cycle through the Crop Tool Overlay options which are on the menu, until it cycles to Grid. The O key is the shortcut for Tools > Crop Guide Overlay > Cycle Grid Overlay.

In other words, the answer is not in the bottom toolbar, but up in the menu commands. The Grid, Diagonal (your currently set option), and Cycle Grid Overlay commands a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raphael,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

As you want to turn off the grid from the Crop tool in Lightroom, please set the Tool overlay option to Never

Screenshot_1.jpg

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lines are guides to composition. (Thirds, Paper Ratio, Fibonacci, etc)

Press the keyboard [O] to toggle through the varities-

And on the Tool Bar below the image there is a menu-  (Press [T] to show/hide the toolbar)

ScreenShot538.jpg

[Never] will hide the lines.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, I know vertical and horizontal lines lines are for composition but these are diagonal. 

Now, I don't want to hide the lines, but I want a grid made up of vertical + horizontal lines as I used to get - not a grid made up of diagonal lines.

And so far, even with your instructions, I can't figure out how to do that. The dropdown menu on the tool bar does not offer that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways to get what you want:

• Choose Tools > Crop Guide Overlay > Grid.
  • Follow WobertC's instructions to press the O key as often as necessary, to cycle through the Crop Tool Overlay options which are on the menu, until it cycles to Grid. The O key is the shortcut for Tools > Crop Guide Overlay > Cycle Grid Overlay.

In other words, the answer is not in the bottom toolbar, but up in the menu commands. The Grid, Diagonal (your currently set option), and Cycle Grid Overlay commands are all shown in the picture below.

Lightroom-Classic-Crop-Guide-Overlay.jpg

To explain how you ended up with the overlay set to Diagonal: Maybe you pressed the O key (probably unintentionally), and that changed the grid type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir. Just what the doctor ordered.

And thak you WobertC. Always present with helpful suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keyboard [O]   Oooh , the key between [i] and [p]

As eloquently detailed by Conrad- Thanks.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And thak you WobertC. Always present with helpful suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines