Highlighted

Difference in quality of the same picture in library and develop.

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i develop my photo, it looks sharp and crisp.

But when i look at it in the library it 'softens' and his less detail.

The way it looks in the library is the same way as it exports.. so all my work in develop is partially disappeared. 

How can i solve this?Naamloos2.jpgNaamloos1.jpg

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Difference in quality of the same picture in library and develop.

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i develop my photo, it looks sharp and crisp.

But when i look at it in the library it 'softens' and his less detail.

The way it looks in the library is the same way as it exports.. so all my work in develop is partially disappeared. 

How can i solve this?Naamloos2.jpgNaamloos1.jpg

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the only proper way to judge sharpness, either in Lightroom Classic or after you export, is to view the photo a 1:1 zoom. Show us part of the photos all zoomed to 1:1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this picture you'll see that the picture in develop has more detail when you look at her hair, eyebrows, lips, cheeks etc..

In library the picture becomes a little more blurrier.Naamloos4.jpgNaamloos3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview architecture is different in Develop than any other of the modules and what you report is expected. The only accurate way to preview this data is in Develop module, at 1:1 or greater. The other modules are designed for speed and use a different color space and preview architecture. So nothing above isn't an expected preview behavior. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, the photo that i exported looked exactly like the photo that i developed.

Now it doesn't anymore.. because it looks like the preview in library.

What is the use than of developing a picture if the end result is different than what you created?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview architecture has always been this way; from day one. 

The preview in Develop at 1:1 exactly matches what I see at that zoom ratio in Photoshop. Exactly. It doesn't nor has never exactly matched in Library. 

IF you can't view Develop at 1:1 and the same zoom ratio in Photoshop (100%), it could be a GPU issue or a display profile issue. So forget Library; it's moot. Does Develop and Photoshop match as described? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are running into is a fundamental limitation of imaging on computer screens. Since your computer display is almost always lower resolution than the image itself, the computer has to scale down the image to the screen resolution. As already mentioned, the display can only be correct at 1:1 zoom. At any other zoom, you will see the result of the scaling algorithm, which ALWAYS softens the image. The scaling algorithm used in Develop is different than that in Library. In Develop, when you are zoomed out, a downscaled version of the raw data is used to speed up rendering. In Library, a jpeg preview is used that is generated from the full raw data but is scaled down to a lower resolution just above the screen size you are using. Than the window system scales that down to the actual display resolution. Unavoidably this leads to softening. You can't do anything about this. 

There are ways to control what your client sees a bit. When you export images, and you want super sharp images to display on your client computers, make SURE you scale down your images to the size you want them to be seen (i.e. 1200 pixels on the long edge for example) AND you use output sharpening in the export panel. If you do not scale down and sharpen on export, the image viewer that your clients use will scale the image down and it will look very soft in general and there is nothing you can do about that. You can also use web services such as smugmug that automatically sharpen all images to compensate for softness introduced by scaling that is unavoidable because you can't control the display resolution of your clients' screens and how large they make their browser windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dirk5C80 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the solution with the help from a teachter photography.

Switching of GPU in performence (preferences) solved the problem!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines