Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

difference of colours and saturation

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I'm new with lightroom and editing photo and recently I've notice a difference of colours and saturation from the same photo that I see on my laptop and then on my phone.

I know that is based on monitor and calibration of it but I would like to know a little bit more. It's difficult in this situation understand where I need to improve on editing or where I'm doing good.

I hope that my message is clear as english is not my spoken language.

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To see correct colors on your laptop, calibrate it with a hardware calibrator, like an i1, ColorMunki or Spyder.

The calibration process also creates a custom monitor profile that describes your monitor accurately.

The monitor profile is used by color managed applications (like Lightroom and Photoshop) to display correct colors – colors are converted from the document profile to the monitor profile.

Note that native Windows applications like Photos, Paint, etc, are not color managed, and can not be expected to display correct colors.

Calibrating your monitor may require you to re-edit your images, which might make them display better on your phone.

What kind of phone do you have, and what app are you using to view images?

In my experience, most web browsers for Android display quite accurate colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you very much for your help.

I'm using a OnePlus 7T, actually is a very good phone. I also asked to my dad how he was seeing my pictures on his computer (not lapotop) and he confirmed that was really satured. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what app are you using on the phone? If it's a web browser, which one?

For laptops and desktop computers, over saturated images are typical (and inevitable) when using a wide gamut monitor, and using an application without color management, like the Windows 10 Photos app.

There are no color managed native applications on Windows, so with a wide gamut monitor, it's necessary to use a third party color managed image viewer, like FastStone, which is free for personal use.

Color management must be enabled under Settings > CMS, and both boxes must be checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines